LF:BRFA011c Pharmacology-pr. - Course Information
BRFA011c Pharmacology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 1 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Jana Rudá, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Alena Máchalová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Amchová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Zuzana Babinská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Kostková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Kubátová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kristýna Nosková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Přibyl Dovrtělová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Lenka Součková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tibor Štark (seminar tutor)
Jitka Halouzková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 12. 10. 15:00–16:40 A19/231, Mon 19. 10. 15:00–16:40 A19/231, Mon 26. 10. 15:00–16:40 A19/231, Mon 16. 11. 15:00–16:40 A19/231
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Radiology Assistant (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students are able to understand main pharmacological mechanisms of drug actions leading to therapeutic, adverse and toxic effects of drugs and eventually their combinations. They will know what the principles of drug prescription are and what information is available in the Pharmacopoea, and how to make calculations of basic pharmacokinetic parameters. They be able to recognize main drug classes and pharmacological profiles of representative drugs from groups of drugs selected in the curriculum. Students are able to calculate the basic pharmacokinetic parameters after drug administration.
- 1st.seminar: Transport of drugs across biological barriers. Basic pharmacokinetic processes and parameters. Therapeutical drug monitoring.
- 2nd.seminar: Survey of drug dosage forms and application routes. Drug information sources (SUKL, pharmacopoea, AISLP, EMA). Legislation on drug regulation.
- 3rd.seminar: Computer techniques in pharmacokinetics. Pharmacokinetic case-reports, demonstration of software MW PHARM. Pharmacological calculations.
- 4th.seminar: Radiopharmaceuticals. Credit test. Credits.
- required literature
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice Martínková, Jiřina. Farmakologie. Pro studenty zdravotnických oborů, Grada Publishing, 2007. 380 s. ISBN 978-80-247-1356-4
- not specified
- Barevný atlas farmakologie. Edited by Heinz Lüllmann - Klaus Mohr - Lutz Hein, Translated by Maxmilián Wen. 3. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. xi, 372 s. ISBN 978-80-247-1672.
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice: http://books.google.cz/books?id=7lNQpLuETq4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=farmakologie&lr=&as_brr=3#PPA4,M1
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice: http://books.google.cz/books?ct=result&q=farmakologie&lr=&as_brr=3&sa=N&start=0
- Teaching methods
- The curriculum enables attendance at seminars lead by teachers of pharmacology. Students are provided with a pharmacology teacher presentation on the topic stated in curriculum followed by discussion or pc work. The pharmacological calculations are taught on PC using the specific pharmacokinetic programmes.
- Assessment methods
- During the studying the student has to prove active knowledge of pharmacology acquired to get the credit. Students are expected to prepare for lessons in advance. To receive credits students are obliged to attend all lessons. The student has to pass the final credit test. Test consists of 10 questions: 5 theoretical multiple-choice questions on topics covered in lessons and 5 calculations (preparations of solutions). 60% of correct answers are needed to pass.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0,5.