LF:BSFA0321c Pharmacology -p - Course Information
BSFA0321c Pharmacology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Regina Demlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Amchová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Ladislava Bartošová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. MVDr. Leoš Landa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Merhautová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kristýna Nosková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Adriána Papiež, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Jana Rudá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Jitka Rychlíčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Lenka Součková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
Supplier department: Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 16. 9. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 23. 9. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 30. 9. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 7. 10. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 14. 10. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 21. 10. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 4. 11. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 11. 11. 10:00–12:30 A19/326, Mon 18. 11. 10:00–12:30 A19/326
- BSBC011p Biochemistry and Hematol lect
Successfully completed subject BSBC011p Biochemistry and Hematology - lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Nurse (programme LF, B-OS)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to teach students to search for relevant information about drugs, to draw on reliable sources, to orientate themselves in the basic problems of pharmaceutical drug dosage forms and application methods of pharmaceuticals.
The student should acquire the ability to distinguish different pharmacotherapeutic classes of drugs, characterize drug classes, give examples of representatives and know the profile of their desired and adverse effects and potential drug interactions.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- be able to search for relevant information on drugs, draw on credible sources
- be familiar with the basic problems of pharmaceutical drug dosage forms and methods of administration
- be familiar with the individual pharmacotherapeutic classes of drugs and be able to characterize the drug classes listed in the syllabus
- be familiar with examples of drugs, focusing on the profile of their adverse and adverse reactions and potential interactions
- 1st lesson: Drug life-cycle: sources, research, and development of new drugs, registration, pharmacovigilance. Legislation on drugs and medical preparations. Information on drugs. Drug databases (SÚKL, AISLP, EMA). Adverse drug reactions. Prescription of drugs.
- 2nd lesson: Pharmacodynamics. Drug interactions. Pharmacology of vegetative nervous system.
- 3rd lesson: Basics of pharmacokinetics. Drug dosage forms and routes of administration.
- 4th lesson: Opioid analgesics. NSAIDs. Spasmolytics. Narcotic and psychotropic agents. Test topics 1. - 3.
- 5th lesson: Antibiotics. Antimycotics. Antiviral drugs.
- 6th lesson: Pharmacology of allergic reactions – H1-antihistamines. Antiasthmatics. Phytopharmacology. Therapy of cough. Test topics 4.-5.
- 7th lesson: Public holiday.
- 8th lesson: Pharmacology of hormones and hormone replacement therapy.
- 9th lesson: Pharmacology of cardiovascular system. Drugs affecting blood clotting.
- 10th lesson: Pharmacology of GIT - antiulcer drugs. Antiemetics, prokinetic agents. Laxatives, anti-diarrhoeal agents. Test topics 6.-9.
- required literature
- MÁCHALOVÁ, Alena, Zuzana BABINSKÁ, Jan JUŘICA, Gabriela DOVRTĚLOVÁ, Hana KOSTKOVÁ, Leoš LANDA, Jana MERHAUTOVÁ, Kristýna NOSKOVÁ, Tibor ŠTARK, Katarína TABI, Jana PISTOVČÁKOVÁ and Ondřej ZENDULKA. Farmakologie pro studenty bakalářských oborů na LF MU (Pharmacology for students of bachelor's programmes at FoM MU). 2016. 397 pp. URL info
- recommended literature
- Martínková, Jiřina, a kol.. Farmakologie pro studenty zdravotnických oborů, 2. zcela přepracované vydání, Grada Publishing a.s., 2018. 520 s. ISBN 8027109299.
- not specified
- LÜLLMANN, Heinz, Klaus MOHR and Lutz HEIN. Barevný atlas farmakologie. Translated by Maxmilián Wenke, Illustrated by Jürgen Wirth. Vyd. 4., české. Praha: Grada, 2012. xiv, 366. ISBN 9788024739083. info
- Martínková, Jiřina. Farmakologie. Pro studenty zdravotnických oborů, Grada Publishing, 2007. 380 s. ISBN 978-80-247-1356-4
- František, Perlík. Základy farmakologie.Klinická a speciální farmakologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén a Univerzita Karlova v Praze (Karolinum), 2005. 190 s. ISBN 80-7262-374-5 (Galén), ISBN 80-246-1139-2 (Karolinum).
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice: http://books.google.cz/books?ct=result&q=farmakologie&lr=&as_brr=3&sa=N&start=0
- Teaching methods
- Most practicals follow the topic of pharmacology lectures. The knowledge is further deepened and practiced on specific practical tasks followed by subsequent discussion.
- Assessment methods
- The students have to prove the active knowledge of pharmacology. The students have to pass multiple-choice written revision tests to get credits. Each test contains 10 questions. One point is granted for each correctly answered question. Students have to score at least 3 points from each test and score at least 10 points from all tests together to get credits. The test cannot be repeated. The points reached over the minimum value are added to the score of the final exam test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Teacher's information
- Office hours of the Departement of Pharmacology, UKB, Kamenice 5, daily - 13.00 - 14.00, tel .: 54949 3070.
The topics, which will be composed of questions of written multi-choice tests, correspond to the topics discussed according to the syllabus of practicals. Knowledge of these topics will be required in the range of compulsory literature (Pharmacology for students of bachelor’s programmes at MF MU) and study materials provided by the teacher. Students will supplement these resources with additional notes during the teacher's presentation.
When repeating the course, it is necessary to complete the course to the full extent.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/BSFA0321c