LF:BVLV0533p Nutrition therapy III - lectur - Course Information
BVLV0533p Nutrition therapy III - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PaedDr. Věra Bulková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kamila Jančeková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Kateřina Ondrušová (lecturer)
Mgr. Pavla Všetečková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc.
Department of Preventive Medicine - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
- Thu 13:00–17:00 N02113a
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Nutritive therapist (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The subject provides students with a comprehensive set of knowledge and skills from the area of practical applying of theoretical knowledge from clinical dietology. Embracing the knowledge of the diet therapy subject is a basic condition for performing the occupation of a dietitian. The contents of this subject are continuing the knowledge gained in the subject Technology of meal preparing and other professional subjects. In this subject the student gains the following target knowledge: - perfect knowledge of the principles of diet therapy for different systemic disorders, - the ability to apply the gained knowledge when ensuring diet therapy with individual patients, - the principles of the modern diet planning methods, - the principles of the modern technologies of preparing the basic and special kinds of diet therapy, using the principles of healthy diet, - processing a dietetic anamnesis and setting a therapy diet plan for individual clients, - the principles of the right dining culture - hygiene and safety of preparing and expedition of food and its storing. In this subject the student gains the following target skills: - bringing the newest knowledge from dietetics into practice through planning of the general and individual diets, - evaluating the diet therapy regarding the nutritional conditions, sticking to the energy needs and keeping the biological value of the meals, - managing the computer skills – text editors, card indexes, databases, filing, scientific programmes, - health education of the patients, family members, hospital workers and canteen workers, - educational activity and work in dietetic clinics, - preparation of promotional materials, publishing, - active participation in the nutrition team.
- Nutrition for infectious disease without direct relation to diet changes.
- Diet therapy for infectious disease affecting GIT.
- Supporting nutrition during lung disorders.
- Diet therapy for anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- Diet therapy in surgery.
- Pre-surgical nutritive support.
- Nutrition immediately after surgery.
- Nutrition after surgery.
- Diet therapy during long-term post-surgical period and in convalescence.
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition.
- Diet therapy for undesirable reactions to food.
- Patophysiology of food allergies and intolerances (enzymatic, irritant, psychosomatic).
- Changes in diet, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Diet therapy for endocrinopathy.
- Diet therapy for thyroid gland disorders.
- Diet therapy for adrenal gland disorders.
- Diety diagnostické a speciální:
- Diet therapy for coeliac disease.
- Diet therapy for lactose intolerance.
- Diet therapy for phenylketonuria.
- Standardized diet therapy regime at the coronary unit.
- Special diet for chronic kidney failure.
- Diet for fecal-ocult blood test.
- Diet for renal concentrating capacity test.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- test,oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses