LF:BVPF0422c Pathophys. II - pract.train. - Course Information
BVPF0422c Pathophysiology II - practical trainingFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D. (lecturer), prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (deputy)
prof. MUDr. Julie Dobrovolná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Kamil Ďuriš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Grulichová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jaromír Gumulec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Hana Holcová Polanská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Katarína Chalásová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Máchal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Pácal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Monika Pávková Goldbergová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Věra Ježková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D.
Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 18. 2. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 25. 2. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 3. 3. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 10. 3. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 17. 3. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 24. 3. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 31. 3. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 7. 4. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 14. 4. 12:30–15:00 A18/208, Tue 21. 4. 12:30–15:00 A18/208
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BVPF0321p Pathophysiology I - lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Introduction - "Evidence based medicine"/Use of enzyme (and other) markers in diagnostics of selected pathophysiological states – evaluation of LDH isoenzymes /Exp. induced anaphylactic response in lab. animal (part 1)/Exp. induced anaphylactic response in lab. animal (part 2)/Experimentally induced peptic ulcer in the rat. Examination of the gastric juice in the rat/ Exp. induced diabetes mellitus – diagnostic by oral glucose tolerance test/ Overview of molecular biology exp. methods used in pathophysiology (demonstration of selected lab. methods), principles of DNA diagnostics (part 1) – detection of polymorphism in the leptin gene by PCR /Principles of DNA diagnostics (part 2) – electrophoresis of the PCR products/Essential hypertension, resting and ambulatory blood pressure (and heart rate) measurements, postural changes, effect of isometric and aerobic exercise/ Food intake disorders - evaluation of nutritional status and energy metabolism.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course student will be able:
- to perform practically selected clin. examinations and tests;
- to explain principles of molecular-biology diagnostics;
- to discuss advantages and limitations of experimental animal models in biomedical science.
- Tumor transformation, oncogenes and suppressor genes.
- Spirometric examination and dopplerometry.
- Exp. induced diabetes mellitus - proof by glucose tolerance test.
- Nutrition in diabetes mellitus, obesity in children (case reports).
- Nutritional disorders, obesity, starvation, malnutrition, catabolic states, anorexia nervosa and bulimia, tumor anorexia / cachexia (seminar) - practical demonstration of nutritional status evaluation.
- Essential hypertension (seminar), single examination and outpatient monitoring of BP, SF and their changes in isometric and light aerobic load.
- Overview of molecular biology methods used in pathophysiology, importance and principles of DNA diagnostics.
- Radiation damage, microscopy.
- Enzyme and other markers used in diagnostics of selected pathological conditions.
- Subject reserved, tests, repetition, credit.
- Teaching methods
- practical exercise
- Assessment methods
- Participation in practical exercises is obligatory (excuse only on the basis of incapacity for work). Teaching is completed by credit, subject to full attendance, presentation of protocols. Exercise and optionally other individual criteria chosen by the teacher.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Teacher's information