LF:BVVL0421p Internal Medicine I - Course Information
BVVL0421p Internal Medicine IFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught partially online.
- MUDr. Věra Hrbková (lecturer), MVDr. Halina Matějová (deputy)
doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc. (lecturer)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (assistant)
Mgr. Aleš Peřina, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc.
Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 1. 3. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 8. 3. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 15. 3. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 22. 3. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 29. 3. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 12. 4. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 19. 4. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 26. 4. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 3. 5. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 10. 5. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 17. 5. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 24. 5. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 31. 5. 15:00–16:40 C15/333, Mon 7. 6. 15:00–16:40 C15/333
- BVPF0321p Pathophysiology I - lecture && BVZI0321 Basics of Int. Proped. I - pr. && BVBC0221p Biochemistry - lect.
the Prerequire BVPF0321p, BVZI0321.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Internal medicine is a basic medical branch. It investigates etiology and pathogenesis of diseases, is engaded in their diagnosis, therapy and prevention. The feature of internal medicine consists in co-ordination and integral function. It enables a broader view for causal analysis of disease and allow to choose the optimal therapeutic approach by right synthesis of cause. After completionm of study the student will be able to discern symptoms of individual disease.
- Learning outcomes
- After to completion of the course student will have a broader perspective to analyze the causes of the illness and their correct synthesis allows the optimal approach to nutritional care. The student will be able to recognize the symptoms of internal diseases,student will know the possibilities of investigation of individual diseases and the basic principles of disease treatment with an emphasis on event. side effects of some drug groups.
- Introduction. General symptoms. Pain, dyspnoe, ickterus Headache. Chest pain. Abdominal pain. Clinical examination , changes of consciouness General assessment Habitus. Mental condition of the patient. Examinations of the head, neck, chest. Blood pressure. Pulse. Abdominal examination. Examination of the limbs, blood vessels, urine,haematopoietic organs. Biopsy. Investigation of the sputum, pleural effusion, faeces. Examination of the X-ray, radioisotope, endoscopy. Static and dynamic function tests Etiology of internal disorders Gerontology. Clinical farmacology. Drug interaction. Drug piration. Cardiovascular diseases. Coronary heart disease. Stable and unstable angina. Myocardial infarction. Chronic heart failure. Hypertension. Pulmonary heart disease. Rheumatic heart disease. Cardiomyopathy. Pericarditis. Diseases of the heart valves Peripheral vascular disease. Respiratory disease.
- recommended literature
- NAVRÁTIL, Leoš. Vnitřní lékařství pro nelékařské zdravotnické obory. 2., zcela přepracované a d. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2017. 559 stran. ISBN 9788027102105. info
- not specified
- Souček M., Špinar J. a kol.: Vnitřní lékařství pro stomatology. Praha Grada publishing, 2005, 380s., ISBN 80-247-1367-5
- Blaha M. a kolektiv. Vnitřní lékařství II. díl. Vybrané kapitoly z diagnostiky, léčby a speciální ošetřovatelské péče. Díl I., II. IDVPZ Brno, 1999
- Teaching methods
- The Lectures
- Assessment methods
- Assesment for credit is active participation in teaching, and 100% attendance. The course is finished by an oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/BVVL0421p