LF:BVVL0421p Internal Medicine I - Course Information
BVVL0421p Internal Medicine IFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Ondřej Sochor, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc.
Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc.
Supplier department: Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 15:20–17:00 A21/107
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BVPF0321p Pathophysiology I - lecture && BVZI0321 Basics of Int. Proped. I - pr. && BVBC0221p Biochemistry I -lect.
Splněné prerekvizity BVPF0321p, BVZI0321.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Nutritive therapist (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- Internal medicine is a basic medical branch. It investigates etiology and pathogenesis of diseases, is engaded in their diagnosis, therapy and prevention. The feature of internal medicine consists in co-ordination and integral function. It enables a broader view for causal analysis of disease and allow to choose the optimal therapeutic approach by right synthesis of cause. After completionm of study the student will be able to discern symptoms of individual disease and to provide a qualified first aid in acute events.
- General symptoms.
- Pain, dyspnoe, ickterus Headache. Chest pain. Abdominal pain.
- Clinical examination , changes of consciouness
- General assessment Habitus. Mental condition of the patient. Examinations of the head, neck, chest.
- Blood pressure. Pulse.
- Abdominal examination. Examination of the limbs, blood vessels, urine,haematopoietic organs. Biopsy. Investigation of the sputum, pleural effusion, faeces.
- Examination of the X-ray, radioisotope, endoscopy. Static and dynamic function tests
- Etiology of internal disorders
- Gerontology. Clinical farmacology. Drug interaction. Drug expiration.
- Cardiovascular diseases. Coronary heart disease. Stable and unstable angina. Myocardial infarction. Chronic heart failure. Hypertension.
- Pulmonary heart disease. Rheumatic heart disease. Cardiomyopathy. Pericarditis. Diseases of the heart valves
- Peripheral vascular disease.
- Respiratory disease.
- Navrátil L. a kol: Vnitřní lékařství pro nelékařské zdravotnické obory, Grada Publ. 2008
- Souček M., Špinar J. a kol.: Vnitřní lékařství pro stomatology. Praha Grada publishing, 2005, 380s., ISBN 80-247-1367-5
- Blaha M. a kolektiv. Vnitřní lékařství II. díl. Vybrané kapitoly z diagnostiky, léčby a speciální ošetřovatelské péče. Díl I., II. IDVPZ Brno, 1999
- Teaching methods
- The Lectures
- Assessment methods
- The practice is closed by writtent tests, credit
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses