LF:BZBC011c Biochemistry and Hematol.-pr. - Course Information
BZBC011c Biochemistry and Hematology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslava Hlaváčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Peš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Lenka Nerudová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- each even Wednesday 16:00–17:40 A16/213
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is suplementary to the course Biochemistry -lecture BPBC011p. Some of the topics covered in the lecture course will be discussed at a greater detail.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are able to calculate and propose preparation of the solution, understand the meaning of basic concepts characterizing the composition and properties of body fluids (electrolytes, osmolality, pH etc.)
They are able to explain the principles of digestion and metabolism of essential nutrients.
Describe the principles of biological material sampling and processing.
Understand the importance of basic biochemical examinations and the principles of their interpretation. Are acquainted with the basic principles of urine collection and are able to carry out an orientation examination of urine using diagnostic bands.
Are familiar with the use of glucometers.
Understand the principle of oral glucose tolerance test. Describe basic physical and chemical properties of blood, group system AB0, Rh system, their clinical significance.
- Basic terms and calculations in chemistry. Expression of concentration. Solutions of electrolytes.Osmotic pressure, osmolality. Test 1 (basic calculations and terms) Calculations of pH, buffers,buffer systems in organism. Acid-base equilibrium in the body, basic parameters, methods of measurement, interpretation of results. Test 2 (calculation of pH,dacid-base equilibrium) Biological material, collection and handling. Basic biochemical tests, their significance, factors affecting the results. Analysis of urine. principles of urine collection. Analysis of urine using diagnostic strips. Metabolism of glucose and its examination. determination of glucosemia by manual glucometers.Oral glucose tolerance test.Detection of glucose in urine. Metabolism overview – nutrition, digestion and fundamental metabolic pathways of saccharides, lipids and proteins. Introduction to hematology, elemental physical and chemical properties of blood. Imunohematology, group system AB0, Rh system, their clinical significance.
- required literature
- Podklady pro výuku v IS.
- Teaching methods
- Course is based on group discusion of students to the given topics and simple lab experiments.Supporting materials are available in section "Study materials" of the course.
- Assessment methods
- Condition for giving course-unit credit is full attendance in lessons and obtaining minimally 50% points from all tests.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/BZBC011c