LF:BZMV061 Multicult. Educ. - Course Information
BZMV061 Multicultural Education in Emergency CareFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.5/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Bc. Vlasta Vařeková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Simona Večerková, DiS. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Michal Pospíšil
Department of Health Sciences - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Michal Pospíšil
Supplier department: Department of Health Sciences - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 12. 4. 7:00–12:50 347
- Completion of the course of Nursing.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject is conceived as a theoretical base for the Multicultural Education in Emergency Care. It introduces multicultural and transcultural dimension of care for individual needs of a clients. The student will be able to: - use properly the terms – ethnicity, culture, spirituality, belief, religion - know basic characteristics of chosen ethnic, cultural and religious group - adapt the nursing process of clients considering their ethnic, cultural and spiritual specifics
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to understand the cultural differences of the clients,
to respect their demands,
to understand the needs of the Roma minority, to be able to correctly use the terms - ethnicity, culture, spirituality, faith, religion; selected ethnic, cultural and religious groups,
will be able to adapt the nursing process of clients with respect to their ethnic, cultural and spiritual specifics.
- The Importance of Transcultural - Multicultural Nursing, K.M.
- Defining culture, ethnicity, society, common and different characters.
- Changes in society from the point of view of cohabitation of the majority and minority groups.
- Culture and ethnicity in interpersonal relationships in the family.
- Cultural and ethnic dimensions of health, disease, death. Rituals.
- Multicultural Society - Implications for Medical / Nursing Services.
- Multicultural Society in the Czech Republic.
- Ethnocentrism and its consequences in the care of the client, his family and community. means of facilitating intercultural communication.
- Spiritual life of man - content, meaning, selected religious directions and their rules regulating the behavior of their members of society. Significant religious rituals.
- required literature
- IVANOVÁ, Kateřina, Lenka ŠPIRUDOVÁ and Jana KUTNOHORSKÁ. Multikulturní ošetřovatelství 1. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2005. 248 s. ISBN 8024712121. info
- Teaching methods
- Interactive lectures, discussion, group work, audiovisual presentation.
- Assessment methods
- Type of completion: colloquium - 100% presence in practise lessons, activity, defense case reports
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 7.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/BZMV061