LF:BZNC0421c Urgent care in surgery I - p. - Course Information
BZNC0421c Urgent care in surgery I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Bc. Vlasta Vařeková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Simona Večerková, DiS. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Ján Kočiš, Ph.D.
Department of Traumatology - Institutions shared with the Trauma Hospital Brno - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Michal Pospíšil
Supplier department: Department of Health Sciences - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Fri 9. 4. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 16. 4. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 23. 4. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 30. 4. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 7. 5. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 14. 5. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 21. 5. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 28. 5. 10:00–11:40 347, Fri 4. 6. 10:00–11:40 347
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BZPA0321p Pathology I - lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject is conceived as theoretical and practical, its aim in the 4th semester is to acquaint with the problems of surgery, clinical conditions and diseases in surgical fields, realization of the nursing process in individual surgical diseases. Objective of the course in terms of learning outcomes and competences The aim of the subject is identification of problems of surgical patient / client, knowledge of causes, manifestations, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in selected, most frequently occurring diseases, sudden and shock states, injuries in surgery.
- Learning outcomes
Practically handles basic and specific nursing care in patients with surgical disease (examination methods, treatment procedures, preoperative and postoperative care, education, special care of drains, care of acute and chronic wounds), perioperative care, urinary tract disease, digestive tract disorder, sudden abdominal distension, intestinal lesion with special attention to differential diagnostics.
- Exercises Basic and specific nursing care of patients with surgical disease (examination methods, medical procedures, preoperative and postoperative care, education, special care of the drainage, care of acute and chronic wounds), perioperative care, disease urinary system, digestive tract disorder, sudden abdominal disorder, intestinal lesion with special attention to differential diagnosis.
- ZEMAN, Miroslav and Zdeněk KRŠKA. Chirurgická propedeutika. Třetí, přepracované a do. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. 512 stran. ISBN 9788024737706. info
- ČOUPKOVÁ, Hana. Ošetřovatelství v chirurgii. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2010. 264 s. ISBN 9788024731292. info
- SLEZÁKOVÁ, Lenka. Ošetřovatelství v chirurgii. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2010. 300 s. ISBN 9788024731308. info
- PÁRAL, Jiří. Malý atlas obvazových technik. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2008. 238 s. ISBN 9788024722559. info
- Sestra a urgentní stavy. Translated by Libuše Čížková. 1. české vyd. Praha: Grada, 2008. 549 s. ISBN 9788024725482. info
- Teaching methods
- Discussion, group work, work with case reports.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar work - a practical procedure for the specified case report and its oral defense. Theme, structure and length of the essay will be awarded to the teacher.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 20.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/BZNC0421c