LF:MIKMN0422s Management II - seminar - Course Information
MIKMN0422s Management II - seminarFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.3/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Richard Saibert, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Simona Saibertová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Simona Saibertová, Ph.D.
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 2. 4. 12:50–14:30 N03009/209, Thu 16. 4. 14:30–16:10 N03009/209, Thu 14. 5. 11:50–13:30 N03009/209
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MIKMN0321p Management I - lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students will develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of management skills applicable to Public Health Professionals. Topics covered include the core key functions of Management: planning, organizing, leading and controlling, social responsibility and managing change.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will know and be able to use the manager's communication skills, assumptions and obstacles. The student will know the possibilities of implementing the management of continuous improvement of quality of health care. The student will be able to describe the culture of safety, prevention of mistakes and types of misconduct. The student will be able to describe team leadership to achieve the best results, organizational culture. The student will be able to explain the role of control in the management process. The student is able to describe the audit, composition of the audit team and its use in the management process. Student will be able to explain the marketing of medical equipment, essence, history of development, and concept of mathematics in healthcare. The student understands the model of a perfect medical facility. Student knows the latest trends in health care management in advanced countries.
- Communication skills of the manager, assumptions and obstacles Implementation of management of continuous improvement of the quality of health care Safety culture, Prevention of misconduct, types of misconduct Team leadership for best results, organizational culture, creation and implementation of strategic organization management The role of control in the management process Audit, Audit team Marketing of healthcare facilities, substance, history of development, concept of matketing in healthcare Model of a perfect medical facility Latest trends in management in advanced countries The Influence of Globalization on Health Systems and Population
- VEBER, Jaromír. Management :základy, prosperita, globalizace. Vyd. 1. Praha: Management Press, 2006. 700 s. ISBN 80-7261-029-5. info
- VÁGNER, Ivan. Management z pohledu všeobecného a celostního. 3. přeprac. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2004. 607 s. (Edice učebnic PrF MU v Brně ; č. 347). ISBN 80-210-3336-6. info
- GLADKIJ, Ivan. Management ve zdravotnictví. Vyd. 1. Brno: Computer Press, 2003. xii, 380. ISBN 8072269968. info
- PLAMÍNEK, Jiří. Synergický management : vedení, spolupráce a konflikty lidí ve firmách a týmech. Vyd. 1. Praha: Argo, 2000. 328 s. ISBN 8072032585. info
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, homework
- Assessment methods
- credit given
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/MIKMN0422s