LF:MIKPP0321c INC in pediatrics I - p - Course Information
MIKPP0321c Intensive nursing care in pediatrics I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.3/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Bc. Silvie Poláčková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dana Soldánová (seminar tutor)
Silvie Doubravská (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Dana Soldánová
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Bc. Silvie Poláčková
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MIKPP0321c/01: Wed 8. 1. 13:00–14:40 N01004, Thu 9. 1. 10:00–11:40 N01004
MIKPP0321c/02: Thu 9. 1. 13:00–14:40 N01004, Fri 10. 1. 8:00–9:40 N01004
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MIKOS0222 Nurs. care in resuscit. - pr.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Subject to on lectures from subject of intensive nursing care in Pediatry Subject. is conceived, when the student is able to provide nursing care for patients at the resuscitation Department and intensive care units at risk or there to the failure of vital functions.
- Learning outcomes
- Student after graduation will be: understand the peculiarities of children's age learning the basics of caring for a child at various ages applied knowledge and skills into practice draw up a nursing care plan the child with the selected disease apply the principles of proper communication with the child. he Student after completing the course can provide the basic nursing care of the child in the intensive care unit Applied the theoretical knowledge into practice observes the principles barierové nursing care
- Personnel, material and instrumentation of reanimation wards and intensive care units, organization of work, the spectrum of patients. The nursing process in reanimation and intensive medicine, the needs of children in intensive care. Management of documentation (including nursing).Monitoring in intensive care. Disinfection and sterilization. Samples of biological material. Nursing care of DC (to ensure the continuity of the DC without and with toilet AIDS, respiratory tract).Care of the patient with tracheostomií . Transfers of blood and blood derivatives. Nutrition in intensive care (parenteral, enteral).Prevention and treatment of wounds and pressure ulcers. Rehabilitation in intensive care. Nursing care for the patient in the bezvědomíKomunikace with the patient and relatives. Care for the care of the deceased, family child patient.
- required literature
- NOVÁK, Ivan. Intenzivní péče v pediatrii. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2008. 579 s. ISBN 9788024614748. info
- KAPOUNOVÁ, Gabriela. Ošetřovatelství v intenzivní péči. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2007. 350 s. ISBN 9788024718309. info
- FEDOR, Marián. Intenzivní péče v pediatrii. 1. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2006. 461 s. ISBN 8080632170. info
- Sestra a akutní stavy od A do Z. Edited by Beth Lothrop Adams - Catherine E. Harold, Translated by Ivana Suchardo. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada Publishing, 1999. 488 s. ISBN 8071698938. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical exercises, presentation of selected issues, student discussion, solutions to problem situations-case report
- Assessment methods
- 85% of active participation in the classroom, a successful final written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/MIKPP0321c