LF:MIKRP0141s Reflections on Practical Exper - Course Information
MIKRP0141s Reflections on Practical Experience I - seminarFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.4/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Marie Zítková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Marie Zítková, Ph.D.
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to enable the students to reflect the experience of clinical practice realized in the course Nursing Practice I. During the semester, in clinical environment students will be trained in practice by solving problems and solving critical incidents with the aim to develop and deepen their self-reflection.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to: - work with reflection / self-reflection for the purpose of professional development; critically evaluate the presented (model) situations and suggest possible solutions to the problems encountered in clinical practice.
- Organization of practice, co-operation with a supervisor / mentor of clinical practice. Reflection (introduction to the problem, reflective cycle, reflection phase, use of reflection on professional development, benefits and difficulties of reflection work, selected methods of reflection). Keeping a reflective journal, a professional portfolio. Promoting professional reflection and self-reflection as a tool for professional nursing education with regard to specific professional issues.
- recommended literature
- BOLTON, Gillie. Reflective practice : writing and professional development. Fourth Edition. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2014. xxiii, 229. ISBN 9781446282342. info
- KORTHAGEN, F. A. J. and Jos KESSELS. Linking practice and theory : the pedagogy of realistic teacher education. London: Routledge, 2008. xvi, 312. ISBN 9780805839814. info
- Reflective practice in nursing. Edited by Chris Bulman - Sue Schutz. 4th ed. Oxford: Blackwell, 2008. viii, 248. ISBN 1405173602. info
- MOON, Jennifer A. Learning journals : a handbook for reflective practice and professional development. Second edition. London: Routledge, 2006. viii, 200. ISBN 0203969219. info
- TAYLOR, Beverley J. Reflective practice : a guide for nurses and midwives. 2nd ed. New York: Open University Press, 2006. xi, 226. ISBN 0335217427. info
- PÍŠOVÁ, Michaela. Klinický rok : procesy profesního rozvoje studentů učitelství a jejich podpora. Vyd. 1. Pardubice: Univerzita Pardubice, 2005. 233 s. ISBN 807194744X. info
- SCHÖN, Donald A. Educating the reflective practitioner. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987. xvii, 355. ISBN 1555422209. info
- Teaching methods
- Working with reflective diaries and portfolios, group discussion, problem solving and critical incidents.
- Assessment methods
- Records from practice, Credit (passing a seminar)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/MIKRP0141s