LF:MNGE091 Gerontology - Course Information
MNGE091 GerontologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Katarína Bielaková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Dana Weberová (lecturer)
Hana Cahová (assistant)
Jitka Skládaná (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Wed 6. 11. 12:00–13:40 N03027/227, Wed 13. 11. 12:00–13:40 N03027/227, Wed 20. 11. 12:00–13:40 N03027/227, Wed 27. 11. 12:00–13:40 N03027/227, Wed 4. 12. 12:00–13:40 N03027/227, Wed 11. 12. 12:00–13:40 N03027/227, Wed 18. 12. 12:00–13:40 N03027/227
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MNKV0822p Community Nutrition and h.c.II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Nutrition therapist for child nutrition and Nutrition therapist for adult nutrition (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide main differences between seniors and younger patients, especially in diseases diagnostics, specificities of objective findings, laboratory parameters and treatment targets as well.
- Learning outcomes
- Student knows complex geriatric assessment Student is able to plan the diagnostics with regard to specific features of older patients Student is able to prepare the therapeutic scheme with regard to specific features of older patients Student is able to formulate the régime and diet measures with regard to specific features of older patients Student is abel to plan and assure the aftercare with regard to interdisciplinary syndromes.
- a) specificity of disease symtpoms in elderly, diagnostic approach, complex geriatric assessment
- b) different disease course in elderly, complications, chronicity
- c) imobilization, complication cascade
- d) necessarity of emergent approach to elderly to accelerate the healing proces and to keep the independency od the elderly
- e) giants of geriatrics, multidisciplinary approach
- f) social context of diseases in elderly
- g) the influence of senzoric, cognitive and motoric deterioration on the independence and abiolita to live in own environment
- h) geriatric maldaptation syndrom
- i) sleeping disorders in elderly, behavioral disorders in elderly
- j) psychical disturbances in elderly, communication basics, stress situation management
- Geriatrie e-learningový kurz Portál LF MU
- MATĚJOVSKÁ KUBEŠOVÁ, Hana, Pavel WEBER, Pavel ŠEVČÍK, Michal MAŠEK, Zdeněk KADAŇKA, Blanka VEPŘEKOVÁ, Vlasta POLCAROVÁ, Roman GÁL, Dagmar SEIDLOVÁ and Helena ONDRÁŠKOVÁ. Akutní stavy v geriatrii (Emergencies in geriatrics). 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2009. 233 pp. akutní medicína, geriatrie. ISBN 978-80-7262-620-5. info
- TOPINKOVÁ, Eva. Geriatrie pro praxi. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2005. 270 s. ISBN 8072623656. info
- KALVACH, Zdeněk. Geriatrie a gerontologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2004. 861 s. ISBN 8024705486. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussions, case reports, practice, training with simulators
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/MNGE091