LF:MNVP091c Nutrition in Psychiatry - Course Information
MNVP091c Nutrition in PsychiatryFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Eva Češková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Tomáš Kašpárek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Halina Matějová (assistant)
Jana Pazderová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Miroslava Navrátilová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MVDr. Halina Matějová
Supplier department: Department of Psychiatry - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Tue 11:00–12:40 N02230
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MNPV081p Psychology of Nutrition
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Nutrition therapist for child nutrition and Nutrition therapist for adult nutrition (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- In the area of special psychiatry are presented the most common mental disorders and treatment methods as well as biological treatments with regard to the field of dietitian. At the end of this course the student will be able to present reasoned decisions in the treatment of psychiatric patients in nutrition as part of a team approach to treating patients.
- The problem of anorexia nervosa and bulimia. Nutritional care of patients with anorexia nervosa. Problems of nutrition in Alzheimer's disease. Protein-energy malnutrition and nutritional support in the dementia patients
- NAVRÁTILOVÁ, Miroslava, Eva ČEŠKOVÁ and Luboš SOBOTKA. Klinická výživa v psychiatrii :teoretické předpoklady. Praktická doporučení. Osobní zkušenosti. 1. vyd. Praha: MAXDORF-JESSENIUS, 2000. 270 s. ISBN 8085912333. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- credit, oral examen
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.