LF:MPOE091 Aesthetic surgery and ophthalm - Course Information
MPOE091 Aesthetic surgery and ophthalmic prostheticsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Beneš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Karolína Skorkovská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Karolína Skorkovská, Ph.D.
Department of Optometry and Orthoptics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Lenka Herníková
Supplier department: Department of Optometry and Orthoptics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- MPOCH081 Refractive surgery
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course deals with the prosthesis, replacing eyeball and surrounding tissue. During the course students become familiar with the different types of ocular prostheses, the materials and the methods of their production. Furthermore, the principles of their application and complications of their use will be discussed. Part of teaching is the main indication for the use of ocular prosthetics, conditions leading to loss of the globe and surgery, which is followed by the application of prostheses.
- Learning outcomes
- During the course students become familiar with the different types of ocular prostheses, the materials and the methods of their production. Furthermore, the principles of their application and complications of their use will be discussed.
- Definition of term ocular prosthetics Indication of application of ocular prosthetics Dividing of ocular prostheses according to their function: a) Cosmetic Prostheses b) Protective Prostheses c) Therapeutic Prostheses d) Prostheses for localization e) Prosthetic contact lenses f) Orbital Implants Materials and production of eye prosthesis Care for eye prostheses and complications associated with their use Introduction to the issue of Aesthetic Surgery Plastic operations of the eyelids Disease leading to loss of the globe and periocular tissues Surgery, which is followed by the application of prostheses: a) enucleation, indications and operation technique b) exenterations of bulb, indications and operation technique c) exenterations of orbit, indications and operation technique Lasers in refractive surgery
- required literature
- Polášek, J.: Technický sborník optiky, Praha, 1974
- Waldhegerová, L.: Oční protézy. Česká oční optika, červen 2006, ročník 47, číslo 2/2006, s.44-46
- recommended literature
- Ruben, M.: Color Atlas of Contact Lenses+Prosthetics, second Edition. Wolfe Medical Publications Ltd., London, 1989
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/MPOE091