LF:MPVL0721 Internal Medicine I - Course Information
MPVL0721 Internal Medicine IFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Darja Krusová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Ivan Řiháček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Špác, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc.
Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc.
Supplier department: Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Successful the matriculation exam on Medical Faculty.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The subject of study is conceived as despening and intensifying of knowledge with begard to the kontent of bachelors study. After completing the course, students will be able to recognize the symptoms of various diseases will know diagnostic algorithms and treatment options for common internal diseases. He will be able to provide qualified first aid.
- Learning outcomes
- The subject of study is conceived as despening and intensifying of knowledge with begard to the kontent of bachelors study.
- 1st. week: Introduction. Hypertension. Definition of hypertenzion. Examination. Home and ambulatory blood pressure recording. Therapy. 2nd. week: Cardiovascular diseases I:Clinical examination of the cardiovascular systém. Acute coronary syndrome Symptomatology. Therapy. Rehabilitation and Prevention. 3.rd week: Chronic coronary artery disease. Acute and chronic heart failure. 4th week: 5th week: Pulmonary heart disease 5th week: Peripheral vascular disease. Phlebotrombosis. Pulmonary embolism 6th week: Shock. Aetiology of cardiac arrest. Basic life support 7th week: Diabetes mellitus I.Aethiology and pathogenesis of diabetes. Preventiong diabetes complications 8th week: Diabetes mellitus II. Major medical emergency. Hypoglycemia. Diabetic ketoacidosis. Management of therapy. 9th week: Metabolic disease.Management of dslipidemia. Obesitas. 10th week: Respiratory disease I. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Astma. 11th week: Respiratory disease II, Tumorous of the bronchus and lung. Infection of the respirátory systém. Tuberculosis. 12th week: Blood disorders I: Anemia. Physical examination and classification. Therapy 13th week: Blood disorders II. Bleeding disorders. Coagulation and primary haemostasis disorders. 14th week: credit test
- Navrátil L. a kol: Vnitřní lékařství pro nelékařské zdravotnické obory, Grada Publ. 2008
- Dítě P. a kol.: Vnitřní lékařství, MU 2004 – skripta Rozsah znalostí na základě přednášek, které jsou povinné.
- Souček M., Špinar J. a kol.: Vnitřní lékařství pro stomatology. Praha Grada publishing, 2005, 380s., ISBN 80-247-1367-5
- N. A. Boon and all. Davidson´s Principle and Practise of Medicine. Elsevier, 20th edition. ISBN 978-0-443-10133-5
- Teaching methods
- The Lectures and seminars. Participation on lectures is obligatory.
- Assessment methods
- Type of education is seminar form, attendence is obligatory, the practice is closed by written tests with 20 questions. The student must it make out correctly 50% of questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses