LF:VLBC0422c Biochemistry II - Course Information
VLBC0422c Biochemistry IIFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Martina Čarnecká, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lenka Gescheidtová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Gregorová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslava Hlaváčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Katarína Kostolanská (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Novotná (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Peš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Anna Pleskačová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. RNDr. Michal Řiháček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Roman Sándor, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Lenka Nerudová (assistant)
Mgr. Jindra Smutná, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLBC0422c/01: Mon 10:15–12:45 A16/211, M. Tomandlová
VLBC0422c/02: Mon 10:15–12:45 A16/211, M. Hlaváčová
VLBC0422c/03: Mon 10:15–12:45 A16/211, J. Gregorová
VLBC0422c/04: Mon 7:30–10:00 A16/211
VLBC0422c/05: Mon 7:30–10:00 A16/211, M. Hlaváčová
VLBC0422c/06: Mon 7:30–10:00 A16/211, J. Gregorová
VLBC0422c/07: Wed 10:45–13:15 A16/211, M. Tomandlová
VLBC0422c/08: Tue 13:00–15:30 A16/211
VLBC0422c/09: Tue 13:00–15:30 A16/211, J. Gregorová
VLBC0422c/10: Tue 13:00–15:30 A16/211
VLBC0422c/11: Wed 10:45–13:15 A16/211, M. Hlaváčová
VLBC0422c/12: Wed 10:45–13:15 A16/211, M. Králíková
VLBC0422c/13: Thu 14:30–17:00 A16/211
VLBC0422c/14: Thu 14:30–17:00 A16/211
VLBC0422c/15: Thu 14:30–17:00 A16/211
VLBC0422c/16: Mon 13:30–16:00 A16/211
VLBC0422c/17: Mon 13:30–16:00 A16/211, M. Hlaváčová
VLBC0422c/18: Mon 13:30–16:00 A16/211
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( VLBI0222p Biology II-lect. || VSBI0222p Biology II-lect. ) && VLBF011p Biophysics-lect. && VLBC0321s Biochemistry I sem && VLBC0321c Biochemistry I && VLFY0321c Physiology I - practice && VLFY0321s Physiology I - seminar
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
- Course is complementary to VLBC0421p a VLLC0421s. The aim of the course it to bring experience with solving practical problems in clinical biochemistry, to acquire practical laboratory skills and to learn students to use results of biochemical analysis for diagnostics.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will explain the ways of obtaining biological material for biochemical analysis and is familiar with the rules of manipulation. Describes the physiological values of the most important biochemical parameters. Interprets the results of biochemical analyzes, discusses the significance of the findings. Understands the principles of the most important biochemical-analytical methodologies. Is oriented in basic laboratory manipulations.
- Handling biological material. Anticoagulants and their use for blood plasma separation. Communicating results of tests in clinical biochemistry: request forms and laboratory reports.
- Analysis of the absorption spectra of haemoglobin, oxyhaemoglobin and carbonylhaemoglobin. Determination of haemoglobin in blood. Urine test for haemoglobin.
- Determination of total bilirubin in serum. Estimation of bilirubin, urobilinogens and urobilins in urine.
- Determination of total serum proteins by biuret reagent, determination of albumin. Precipitation tests for urine proteins. Detection of proteinuria by diagnostic strips.
- Determination of alanine aminotransferase activity in serum. Determination of alkaline phosphatase activity in serum.
- The enzymatic assay of glucose in blood and urine. Oral glucose tolerance test. Estimation of glycaemia by diagnostic strips. Detection of glucose in urine.
- Determination of total cholesterol in serum. Principles of HDL-cholesterol determination and calculation of the LDL-cholesterol concentration. Chromatography of serum lipids.
- The solubility of uric acid. Murexide test for uric acid. Detection of uric acid in renal calculi. Determination of uric acid in serum and urine.
- Determination of urea in serum and urine. Approximate assessment of the nitrogen balance.
- Appearance and volume of urine, specific gravity and osmolality of urine. Urine pH measurement. Determination of creatinine in blood, serum and urine. Creatinine clearance calculation, calculation of tubular reabsorption and fractional excretion of water.
- Tests in routine urinalysis employing chemical principle: determination of pathological components, multipurpose diagnostic strips in urinalysis.
- Simplified chemical analysis of renal calculi. Practice in urinalysis, seeking for pathological constituents in urine.
- Determination of gastric acid output. Tubeless gastric analyses. Detection of lactic acid.
- Imunochemical assays.
- required literature
- Podklady ke cvičení dostupné v Informačním systému
- Instructions for practicals available in Information system
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practicals
- Assessment methods
- Practicals in biochemistry lab.
Full attendance in all lessons (making up all missing and justified lessons. Obtaining of course-unit credits of practices is the pre-requisite for registration to the examination of Biochemistry I.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- aVLMO051 Molecular and Cellular Pathophysiology
(aVLFY0422c || aZLFY0422c || VLFY0422c || ZLFY0422c) && (aVLFY0422s || aZLFY0422s || VLFY0422s || ZLFY0422s) && (aVLBC0422c || aZLBC0422c || VLBC0422c || ZLBC0422c) && (aVLBC0422s || aZLBC0422s || VLBC0422s || ZLBC0422s)
- VLLM0522c Medical Microbiology II - practice
VLLM0421c && (VLBC0422c || VSBC041c) && (VLBC0422s || VSBC041s)
- VLLP0532c Clinical Introduction II
VLLP0431 && (VLAN0222p || VSAN0333p) && (VLHE0322c ||VSHE0322c) && (VLBC0422c || VSBC041c) && (VLFY0422c || VSFY0422c)
- aVLMO051 Molecular and Cellular Pathophysiology
- Teacher's information