LF:VLGE091 Geriatrics - Course Information
VLGE091 GeriatricsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (lecturer), prof. MUDr. Pavel Weber, CSc. (deputy)
MUDr. Hana Meluzínová (lecturer), MUDr. Katarína Bielaková, Ph.D. (deputy)
Hana Cahová (assistant)
Mgr. Pavel Kellner (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- for students of 7. - 12. semester of medical faculty
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to make students known with principles of the comprehensive approach, with differencies of diagnostics and therapy of elderly people, with functional geriatric assessment and its followings for planning of further care to keep the independency and the ability of the elderly to remain in their own environment. At the end of the course students should be able to understand and explain the comprehensive approach to elder patients; work with information on pecularities of pharmacotherapy of seniors for composition of effective and rational therapeutic scheme; to create the plan of further care on the ground of results of functional geriatric assessment.
- 1 Gerontology, geriatrics - history, development, education system in CR, principles of geriatric care 2 Complex geriatric assessment (CGA), communication basics, stress situation management 3 Screening of cognitive disturbances, depression 4 Geriatric syndromes, Specialities of diseases in elderly 5 Interdisciplinary syndromes – giants of geriatrics „4 I“ 6 Instability, falls, diagnostics, treatment 7 Intelectual disturbances 8 Inkontinentia - diagnostics, solutioins 9 Skin intrgrity s disorders 10 Imobilization 11 Psychical disturbances in elderly - depresion, deliria 12 Principles of farmacotherapy in elderly 13 Social topic in geraitrics 14 Successful ageing
- KALVACH, Zdeněk. Geriatrie a gerontologie. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2004. 861 s. ISBN 8024705486. info
- TOPINKOVÁ, Eva. Geriatrie pro praxi. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2005. 270 s. ISBN 8072623656. info
- MATĚJOVSKÁ KUBEŠOVÁ, Hana, Pavel WEBER, Pavel ŠEVČÍK, Michal MAŠEK, Zdeněk KADAŇKA, Blanka VEPŘEKOVÁ, Vlasta POLCAROVÁ, Roman GÁL, Dagmar SEIDLOVÁ and Helena ONDRÁŠKOVÁ. Akutní stavy v geriatrii (Emergencies in geriatrics). 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2009. 233 pp. akutní medicína, geriatrie. ISBN 978-80-7262-620-5. info
- WEBER, Pavel. Minimum z klinické gerontologie : pro lékaře a sestru v ambulanci. 1. vyd. Brno: IDVPZ, 2000. 151 s. ISBN 8070133147. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, training of complex geriatric assessment, geriatric syndromes simulation with models, composition of medications scheme for senior
- Assessment methods
- oral examination - case report
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
Note related to how often the course is taught: e-learning.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/VLGE091