LF:VLOL7X1 ophthal. - Course Information
VLOL7X1 OphthalmologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: RZk (examination).
- MUDr. Petr Kus (seminar tutor), Dagmar Michálková (deputy)
doc. MUDr. Šárka Skorkovská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Šárka Skorkovská, CSc.
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Šárka Skorkovská, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL)
- Practical 1st day: Visual acuity, patients history, examination of anterior part of eye, slit lamp examination, probing of lacrimal pathway, drops and ointment,demonstration of patients 2nd day: demonstration of patients, cataract surgery, artephakia, red reflex, direct, indirect ophthalmoscopy, 3th day: glaucoma,tonometry,gonioscopy,perimetry,therapy,demonstration of patients 4th day:refractive errors, myopy,hyperopy, astigmatism,presbyopy,therapy,demonstration of patients 5th day: refractive surgery,PRK,Lasik,LTK,phakic IOLs,bioptics, lasers in ophhthalmology,demonstration of patients 6th day: ultrasound in ophthalmology,fluorescein angiopgraphy,strabism, diagnostic and therapy 7th day: neuroophthalmology, electrophysiology of the eye, ERG,VEP,demonstration of patients 8th day: orbital diseases,Hertel exophthalmometry,traumatology of the eye, demonstration of patients, credits 13th day: vitreoretinal surgery 14th day: colour vision, Fanswort test, anomaloscop
- Butterworths International Medical Reviews : Ophthalmology. info
- KRAUS, Hanuš. Kompendium očního lékařství. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1997. 341 s. ISBN 8071690791. info
- FARRELL, Thomas A. Basic ophthalmology. [1st ed.]. London: Mosby, 1996. info
- Clinical ophthalmology :a systematic approach. Edited by Jack J. Kanski - T.R Tarrant. 3rd ed. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1994. vi, 514 s. ISBN 0-7506-1886-8. info
- Textbook of ophthalmology. Practice management :cumulative index for textbook of ophthalmology, vols. 1-10. Edited by Stephen A. Kamenetzky - Steven M. Podos - Myron Yanoff. Repr. London: Mosby-Wolfe, 1994. ISBN 1-56375-095-3. info
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.