LF:VLOZ0943p Ochrana a podpora zdraví III - - Course Information
VLOZ0943p Ochrana a podpora zdraví III - přednáškaFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Pavlína Kaňová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Michal Koščík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Martin Krsek, CSc., MSc (lecturer)
MUDr. Bohdana Rezková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Miroslava Zavřelová (lecturer)
Ing. Veronika Išová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Bohdana Rezková, Ph.D.
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLOZ0642p Public Health II - lecture && VLFA08222c Pharmacology II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on a deeper acquaintance with selected topics in the field of public health, specifically in the field of preventive medicine, vaccinology and special epidemiology.
The aim of teaching is:
- the acquisition of knowledge of such lifestyle recommendations and their adjustment, which will lead to a reduction in the risk of diseases and disorders, to an improvement in health and an increase in endurance and fitness, or to a reduction in the need for medicines and an improvement in disease,
- acquaintance with methods of examination of individual risks and obtaining information about the current lifestyle of an individual,
- gaining knowledge of general recommendations based on EBD principles,
- obtaining competencies in the prevention of transmission of infectious diseases, focusing on the most common or most serious community-related and healthcare-associated infections,
- understanding the patterns affecting the occurrence of infections - economic, environmental, social or cultural influences,
- getting acquainted with the current epidemiological situation in the Czech Republic and in the world and with the possibilities of abuse of agents of infections,
- to acquire the fundamentals of vaccination, focusing on the importance of vaccination and the safety of vaccines.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- understand of the importance of lifestyle-oriented prevention counselling.
- provide individualized counselling that will reduce the risk of disease and health disorders, improve health and increase resistance and fitness, or reduce the need for medications and improve the disease.
- use nutritional counselling methods to prevent obesity,
- apply knowledge of the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases in the provision of preventive and repressive anti-epidemic measures at the community level and in healthcare facilities,
- understand the determinants of infectious diseases and enter the secrets of the epidemic and pandemic spread of infections,
- use vaccination to prevent infections in their medical practice, including knowledge of reasoning on the general public.
- Topics in the block:
- 1. Prevention of obesity and nutritional counseling
- 2. Lifestyle-oriented counselling in the prevention and primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
- 3. Vaccination preventable infections, vaccination.
- 4. Special epidemiology I
- A. Water and food-borne infections.
- B. HIV, sexually transmitted infections, viral hepatitis.
- 5. Special epidemiology II
- A. Environmental changes and their impact on the spread of infections.
- B. Respiratory tract infections. Highly contagious infections and biological weapons.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by credit. The course credit is awarded with condition of having CREDIT in the course Public Health III - practice.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/VLOZ0943p