LF:VSOL7X1 ophthal. - Course Information
VSOL7X1 OphthalmologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: RZk (examination).
- MUDr. Hana Došková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Kus (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Šárka Skorkovská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Šárka Skorkovská, CSc.
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Šárka Skorkovská, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- 1.day> History of ophthalmology, review of anatomy and physiology of the eye, basic principles of examination (visual acuity, slit lamp, ophthalmoscopy) 2.day> Disease of the anterior part of the eye ( cornea, conjunctiva, lids, orbit, lacrimal pathway), transplantation of the cornea, indications, surgery, eye bank, keratometry, exophthalmometry, probing of lacrimal pathway, examination of patients 3.day> Glaucoma,diagnosis and therapy, types of glaucoma, tonometry, gonioscopy, perimetry, examination of patients 4.day> Cataract, types of cataract, modern cataract surgery, intraocular lenses, ultrasound in ophthalmology, biometry of the eye, examination of patients 5.day> Retinal and uveal diseases, eye and systemic diseases, vitreoretinal surgery, electrophysiology of the eye, examination of patients 6.day> Refractive errors of the eye, diagnosis and therapy, modern refractive surgery, lasers in ophthalmology, examination of patients 7.day> Traumatology of the eye, neurophthalmology, diagnosis and therapy, color vision, contrast sensitivity, examination of the patients 8.day> Strabism, diagnosis and therapy, examinations of patients.
- Butterworths International Medical Reviews : Ophthalmology. info
- KRAUS, Hanuš. Kompendium očního lékařství. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1997. 341 s. ISBN 8071690791. info
- Clinical ophthalmology :a systematic approach. Edited by Jack J. Kanski - T.R Tarrant. 3rd ed. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1994. vi, 514 s. ISBN 0-7506-1886-8. info
- Textbook of ophthalmology :neuro-ophthalmology. Edited by Thomas L. Slamovits - Ronald Burde - Steven M. Podos - Myron Yanoff. Repr. London: Mosby-Wolfe, 1994. ISBN 1-56375-099-6. info
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2000/VSOL7X1