LF:ZLBI0121c Biology I - practice - Course Information
ZLBI0121c Biology I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Marie Kopecká, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Iva Slaninová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Pospíšilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tomáš Bárta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dáša Bohačiaková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Juraj Bosák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Bosáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Cetkovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jindřiška Hammerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Zuzana Holubcová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Monika Kubíčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Iva Kubíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kamil Matulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Paštěková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Stanislav Stejskal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Šimara, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Tesařová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Markéta Unucková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Zobaníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Debora Ledahudcová (assistant)
Ing. Lucia Ráheľová (assistant)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ZLBI0121c/21: Thu 10:00–11:45 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/22: Thu 10:00–11:45 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/23: Thu 15:50–17:30 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/24: Thu 15:50–17:30 B07/205a
ZLBI0121c/40: No timetable has been entered into IS.
ZLBI0121c/41: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course provides an overview of the current knowledge of molecular biology and cell biology in the context of other theoretical branches of the Faculty of Medicine. Recent and modern concepts of molecular cell structures, functional organization of the cell and gene expression and regulation are presented to students. In addition, molecular mechanisms of cell division and cell cycle are discussed. The subject matter presented in this course will help to better understand other subjects including physiology, pathology and human and clinical genetics.
- 1. week: 21.-25.9 Practicals: Introduction 2. week: 28.9. – 3.10. Practicals: Viruses 3. week: 5.-9.10. Practicals: Prokaryotes 4. week: 12.-16.10. Practicals: Eukaryotes 5. week: 19.-23.10. Practicals: issue and cell cultures 6. week: 26.-30.10. Practicals: Biomembranes 7. week: 2.-6.11. Practicals: Electron microscopy of biological objects 8. week: 9.-13.11. Practicals: DNA structure and replication 9. week: 16.-20.11. Practicals: Gene expression 10. week: 23.-27.11. Practicals: Cell cycle 11. week: 30.11.-4.12. Practicals: Mitosis 12. week: 7.-11.12. Practicals: Meiosis 13. week: 14.-18.12. Practicals: Human karyotype and chromosomal abnormalities 14. week: 4.-8.1. Practicals: Credits, Substitution practicals
- CZ: Aktuální protokoly ke cvičením jsou v elektronické podobě na stránkách informačního systému MU (ISu)
- CZ: Campbell N. A., Reece J. B.: BIOLOGIE. Computer press, 2006, autor. překlad z anglického originálu Biology, 6th Edition
- CZ: Alberts B., Bray D., Johnson A., Lewis J., Raff M., Roberts K., Peter Walter P.: ZÁKLADY BUNĚČNÉ BIOLOGIE: ÚVOD DO MOLEKULÁRNÍ BIOLOGIE BUŇKY. Espero Publishing, Ústí nad Labem, 2001
- CZ: Lodish H., Berk A., Matsudaira P., Kaiser C. A., Krieger M., Scott M. P., Zipurski L., Darnell J.: MOLECULAR CELL BIOLOGY, 5th Edition, WH Freeman: New York, 2004
- CZ: Alberts B. et al.: MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF THE CELL, 4th Edition, Garland, 2002
- ENG: Actual protocols for practicals are presented in their electronic form at information system of Masaryk University (IS)
- ENG: Campbell N. A., Reece J. B.: BIOLOGY, 6th Edition, published by Pearson Education, 2002
- ENG: Alberts B. et al.: ESSENTIAL CELL BIOLOGY, 1997
- ENG: Lodish H., Berk A., Matsudaira P., Kaiser C. A., Krieger M., Scott M. P., Zipurski L., Darnell J.: MOLECULAR CELL BIOLOGY, 5th Edition, 2004
- ENG: Alberts B. et al.: MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF THE CELL, 2002
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practise, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Lessons are mandatory, individual protocols can be downloaded in IS, credit is given under these circumstances: all protocols were checked (also for absent lessons), 1 absence is allowed, for any additional absence(s) student is required to write a thesis in the length of 2 pages. 4 or more absences will be addressed individually and credit is given after the proof of the student's knowledge of topics of the whole term (credit test).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses