LF:ZLCJ0585 Czech for Foreigners V -p - Course Information
ZLCJ0585 Czech Language for Foreigners V - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Petra Stejskalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Dvořáčková, Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Jana Vyorálková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petra Stejskalová
Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Language Centre
- ZLCJ0484 Czech for Foreigners IV - p
The main aim of the course Czech for Foreigners is to teach students communicate with patients in Czech without any help of English speaking doctors or interpreters and independently write case history. Students can understand information related to very familiar topics that they regularly encounter at school, in the hospital, and in their free time, provided the information is communicated clearly. Students can write simple texts on familiar topics and topics related to their interest, and understand texts that consist of high frequency everyday or job-related language. 3rd and 4th year course focus lies in specialized terminology. Communication skills are developed by working with the texts and dialogues from the course book Czech for Medical Students by Iveta Čermáková. The seminars concentrate on practising thematic doctor-patients dialogues and specialised medical terminology with the use of course book based and teacher created exercises. Study support for all students is offered in the form of e-learning courses available in the Study Materials of their field of studies.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Dentistry (eng.) (programme LF, M-ZL)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the tuition is working knowledge of the Czech language on the B1 level of the "Common European Framework of Reference" (CEFR)( checked by an examination.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
- talk about relationships in a family,
- give instructions both in general Czech and in specialist language,
- explain usage of some dentistry tools,
- explain simply what the dental hygiene aids are and how to use them,
- explain differences between dental specialties,
- communicate with the patient and the nurse,
- describe stages of dental caries.
- Week 1: Revision of vocabulary and grammar. Revision of the instrumental singular.
- Week 2: Relationships. Prepositions with the instrumental case.
- Week 3: Dental instruments II + collocations. "Kde nebo kam?" (prepositions with the instrumental/locative vs accusative)
- Week 4: TEST 1. Imperative.
- Week 5: Imperative. Dental hygiene. Brushing teeth.
- Week 6: Vocative. Dental specialties.
- Week 7: Communication with the patient and with the nurse. Time adverbs.
- Week 8: TEST 2. Indefinite and negative pronouns.
- Week 9: Relative pronouns. Dental caries.
- Week 10: Stages of dental caries.
- Week 11: Stages of dental caries. Locative plural.
- Week 12: TEST 3 (oral). Locative plural.
- Week 13: Mock credit test.
- Week 14: CREDIT TEST.
- required literature
- HOLÁ, Lída. New Czech step by step. V nakl. Akropolis 4., opr. v. Praha: Akropolis, 2008. 256 s.). ISBN 9788074700194. info
- HOLÁ, Lída. New Czech step by step. V nakl. Akropolis 4., opr. v. Praha: Akropolis, 2008. 127 s. ISBN 9788086903736. info
- Teaching methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical courses. Teaching methods: listening, reading, speaking (class discussion,team work), listening comhrehension, projects, homework. Emphasis put on selfstudy!
- Assessment methods
- Credit test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2017/ZLCJ0585