LF:ZLPG0911p Obstetrics and Gynaecol.-lect. - Course Information
ZLPG0911p Obstetrics and Gynaecology - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Karel Crha (lecturer)
MUDr. Eliška Gazárková (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Martin Huser, Ph.D., MBA (lecturer)
MUDr. Ivana Meixnerová (lecturer)
MUDr. Samuel Tvarožek (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Vít Weinberger, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Zdeňka Kroupová (assistant)
Magdalena Nemetzová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Vít Weinberger, Ph.D.
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Institutions of Reproductive Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Zdeňka Kroupová
Supplier department: Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Institutions of Reproductive Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 20. 9. 14:20–16:00 N03520, Mon 27. 9. 14:20–16:00 N03520, Mon 4. 10. 14:20–16:00 N03520, Mon 11. 10. 14:20–16:00 N03520, Mon 18. 10. 14:20–16:00 N03520, Mon 25. 10. 14:20–16:00 N03520, Mon 1. 11. 14:20–16:00 N03520, Mon 8. 11. 14:20–16:00 N03520
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ZLCP051c Clin. Exam. in Surgery-pract. && ZLIP061p Clin.Introd.to Int.Med.-lect. && ZLFA0722c Pharmacology II - pract. && ZLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II-lect. && ZLOT0711c Otorhinolaryngology -pract. && ZLDV0711c Dermatovenerology -pract. && ZLPZ041p Preventive Dentistry -lect. && ( ZLNE0811c Neurology - practice || ZLNE0822c ) && ZLCH0833c Surgery III - practice
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Dentistry (programme LF, M-ZL) (2)
- Course objectives
- Obstetrics and Gynecology course involves the supervision and appropriate intervention during, normal and complicated pregnancy and delivery, as well as the recognition, prevention, management and surveillance of diseases affecting reproductive health in women. The course gives students understanding, basic knowledge and skills in epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of common problems in obstetrics and gynecology; reproductive health matters, including family planning, infertility and maternal care, emphasizing wellness and prevention in addition to treatment of disease. The aim of the course is to attain standards of knowledge and practical skills adequate to start postgraduate training in medicine and reach level of competence defined in the Log Book. The course graduates should be able to keep with international standards of patient care by reaching high level of clinical skills, bedside care skills, surgical skills, in addition to updated medical knowledge. The students learning outcomes and competences mainly cover medical knowledge and skills to evaluate the data about the follow-up of pregnancy and birth, and the management of the gynecological diseases, to get the new information and to make decisions for similar situations, to perform the gynecological procedures. The students will achieve the appropriate attitude.
- OBSTERICS Pysiological changes during pregnancy Antenatal care Drugs use during pregnancy and lactation Abortion Ectopic pregnancy Gestational Trophoblastic Disease Hypertension in pregnancy Preeclampsia Diabetes in pregnancy Bleeding disorders with pregnancy Multiple pregnancy Analgesia & anaesthesia in labour Breech presentation Uterine action in pregnancy (normal and abnormal ) Perineal vaginal & cervical injuries Rupture uterus Antepartum hemorrhage (Placenta previa ) Antepartum hemorrhage (Abruptio placentae ) Shock in obstetrics Normal puerperium Venous thrombosis in obstetrics Caesaria Section Induction of abortion & labour Dysmaturity and Prematurity Perinatal asphyxia Ultrasound in obstetrics Prenatal diagnosis of congenital anomalies
- GYNAECOLOGY Functional uterine bleeding Amenorrhoea Amenorrhoea Climacteric and HRT Dysmenorrhoea, Premenstrual syndroma Infertility Assisted reproductive techniques ART Vaginitis and vulvitis Salpingitis Cervivitis Sexually Transmitted diseases AIDS Tumours & masses of vulva & vagina Cancer cervix Malignant diseases of body of uterus – carcinoma Fibromyomata treatment and modern trends Endometriosis Ovarian tumors Endoscopy Vaginal smear and colposcopy Urinary incontinence Contraception (pills ) Contraception (I.U.D ) Contraception (other methods )
- recommended literature
- ROZTOČIL, Aleš. Moderní gynekologie. 1. vydání. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. xviii, 508. ISBN 9788024728322. info
- HÁJEK, Zdeněk, Evžen ČECH and Karel MARŠÁL. Porodnictví. 3., zcela přepracované a d. Praha: Grada, 2014. 538 stran. ISBN 9788024745299. info
- OATS, Jeremy and Suzanne ABRAHAM. Llewellyn-Jones fundamentals of obstetrics and gynaecology. 8th ed. Edinburgh: Mosby, 2005. x, 365. ISBN 0723433291. info
- 1. Procházka M., Pilka R. a kol. Porodnictví pro studenty všeobecného lékařství a porodní asistence. Olomouc: AED - Olomouc s.r.o., 2016, 243 s., ISBN 978-80-906280-0-7
- Teaching methods
- Teaching and learning is scheduled into three blocks. Each block is planned for 5 working days in the inpatients and outpatients facilities of the Ob/Gyn department. The teaching process starts from 07h00 and lasts to 13h00. Teaching schedule includes theoretical session, teaching and learning with simulators and patients and students formative assessment of clinical case.
- Assessment methods
- Theoretical Assessment
Continuous - Ten true/false and/or short-answer questions, on the day after each daily theoretical session, to be answered in 15 minutes.
Final - Twenty multiple choice and/or matching questions, to be answered in 20 minutes, on the last day of each block.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/ZLPG0911p