LF:aBFCJ011i Intensive Czech Lang. Course - Course Information
aBFCJ011i Intensive Czech Language CourseFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martina Čermáková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Linda Doleží, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Králová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Punčochář (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Stejskalová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jarmila Šafránková (seminar tutor), PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Veronika Dvořáčková, Ph.D. (assistant)
PhDr. Jana Vyorálková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Language Centre
- Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University organizes Intensive Czech Language Course for students who have already been accepted to study in the academic year 2017/2018. The lectures are provided by Czech language teachers of Faculty of Medicine. The course should provide an advantage of easier start to the introduction of Czech language, orientation in grammar and conversational situations in everyday life.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- One week intensive course in Czech in the range of 14 lessons is designed for Physiotherapy students in the English program and for students who have already been accepted to study in the academic year 2017/2018. Its aim is to acquaint students with the basic issues for everyday communication: introducing yourself, orientation in city/at hospital, family, accomodation and restaurants.
- Learning outcomes
- In seven practically oriented lessons Czech students can learn to understand and react in basic communicative situations (e.g. the topics of Getting to know each other, Directions, My family, When to meet etc.). The coursebook concentrates on mastering communication skills, first and foremost speaking and listening.
- 1st week: Introduction, Phrases in the classroom.| Greetings.|Where are from?|How are you?|Orientation in the city.|Shopping.| Daily routine.| At the restaurant.
- 2nd week: My family.| Likes and dislikes.|Where and when will we meet?| Famous Czech people.|Where were you yesterday?| FINAL TEST.
- Grammar: verb to be| Czech genders| Czech verbs| Nominative and accusative singular| Posessive pronouns| Numbers| Modal verbs| Past tense.
- required literature
- Holá, Lída-Pavla Bořilová. Čeština express 1. Praha: Akropolis 2010. ISBN 978-80-87310-13-7.
- Teaching methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical courses.The following teaching methods are used: class discussion, roleplay, work in groups, reading, listening, writing HW (including Projects), word study. Emphasis put on selfstudy!
- Assessment methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical course. The students' presence in the course is strictly required; a maximum of two unexcused absences is tolerated. The tuition is finished by a course-unit credit given on the basis of the students' presence, preparation for classes and successful passing of a FINAL TEST.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/aBFCJ011i