LF:aVLLE7X1s Medical Ethics - Sem. - Course Information
aVLLE7X1s Medical Ethics - SeminarFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Vaňharová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil.
Department of Medical Ethics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Josef Kuře, Dr. phil.
Supplier department: Department of Medical Ethics - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLLP0633c Clinical Introduction III - p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (eng.) (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- Interactive seminar, providing an introduction to clinical ethics, aims to: - understand ethical dilemmas in individual fields of medicine - develop ability to perceive ethical aspects of medicine - listen to different ethical arguments and to express own reasoned opinion - learn ability to solve ethical dilemmas in medicine
- Learning outcomes
- Having completed the course, the student is able to:
- identify and to analyze ethical dilemmas in individual areas of medicine
- provide ethical arguments for morally relevant clinical situations
- solve ethical dilemmas in medicine
- • The first contact with the patient • Truth and communication • Informed consent • Ethical aspects of assisted reproduction • Ethics in medical genetics • Patients´ rights and duties of physicians • Transplantation ethics • Ethics in oncology and palliative care • Ethical dilemmas in intensive care • Death and dying • End of life decisions • Ethics of biomedical research
- CAMPBELL, Alastair V., Grant R. GILLETT and D. Gareth JONES. Medical ethics. 4th ed. South Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 2005. xiii, 312. ISBN 0195584872. info
- The Blackwell guide to medical ethics. Edited by Rosamond Rhodes - Leslie Francis - Anita Silvers. 1st ed. Malden: Blackwell Pub., 2007. xii, 435. ISBN 9781405125840. info
- Medical ethics. Edited by Michael Boylan. 2nd ed. Chichester, West Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell, 2014. xvi, 386. ISBN 9781118657973. info
- Contemporary issues in bioethics. Edited by Tom L. Beauchamp - LeRoy Walters. 6th ed. Belmont: Thomson learning, 2003. x, 800 s. ISBN 0-534-58441-1. info
- Bioethics. Edited by John Harris. 1st pub. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001. vi, 557. ISBN 0198752571. info
- Medical ethics todaythe BMA's handbook of ethics and the law. 3rd ed. Chichester, West Sussex: John Wiley & Sons, 2012. xxx, 925 p. ISBN 9781444355635. info
- Casebook of medical ethics. Edited by Terrence F. Ackerman - Carson Strong. [1st ed.]. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1989. xvii, 240. ISBN 0-19-503917-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Condition for giving course-unit credits is full attendance in all seminars, activity during the course, and case study
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: blokově semináře 30 hod. v jednom týdnu.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.