LF:aVLLP0431c Clinical Introduction I -prac. - Course Information
aVLLP0431c Clinical Introduction I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1.3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Martina Čarnecká, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Dostál, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Gregorová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miroslava Hlaváčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Králíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Paulová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. RNDr. Michal Řiháček (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Slanina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Eva Táborská, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Tomandl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Tomandlová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Lenka Nerudová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Jan Konečný, Ph.D.
First Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFY0321c Physiology I - practice && aVLFY0321s Physiology I - seminar && aVLBC0321s Biochemistry I - sem. && aVLBC0321c Biochemistry I - pract. && aVLAN0222c Anatomy II - dissection && aVLAN0222s Anatomy II - sem.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (eng.) (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives (in Czech)
- The course combines theoretical biochemistry knowledge with clinical applications.
- Biochemical investigations in clinical medicine and their significance. Biochemical analysers, point of care testing. Factors influencing results of laboratory examinations. Blood collection and processing. Laboratory tests in clinical biochemistry. Sources of error, assessing the significance of a test result. System of quality control. Biological and analytical variations, critical difference. Reference intervals. Interpretation of results. Diabetes mellitus - laboratory diagnosis. Hypoglycaemia, hyperglycaemia, screening and monitoring, oGTT test. Glycosuria, fructosamine, haemoglobin, microalbuminuria, insulin, C-peptide, autoantibodies. Biochemical diagnosis of liver diseases. Tests for the integrity of hepatocytes. The tests for hepatocellular cholestasis. Tests of the liver’s biosynthetic capacity. Laboratory diagnosis of jaundice. Laboratory tests of specific liver diseases. Biochemical markers of myocardial injury - cardiac troponin, myoglobin, CK-MB mass. Laboratory tests in heart failure - natriuretic peptides. Tests for homocysteine, hsCRP, lipid spectrum. Sampling and urine collection for physical, chemical, microbiological and microscopic examination. Physical examination of urine (pH, density, osmolality). Chemical examination of urine. Glomerular filtration rate (creatinine, cystatin). Morphological analysis of urine. Examination of urine sediment. Kidney stones analysis – classification of kidney stones according to the composition, factors affecting their formation, methods of analysis. Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) analysis. Indications, puncture, basic and special examination, typical findings in some neurological diseases, markers of CSF leakage. Investigation of blood count, hemocoagulation. Immunohematological and isoserological determinations.
- required literature
- Texts available in Information System.
- Teaching methods (in Czech)
- seminars, active discussions of problems, biochemical case reports.
- Assessment methods
- Conditions for giving the course-unit credit * Full (100%) attendance in practice is the principal condition. If any absence, it must be apologized through Department of Study Affairs up to five days. If apology is recorded in Information System (IS), then student is allowed to make up the absence according to teacher's instructions. * Two revision tests are written during the semester, limit for credit is 21points. * If the semestral limit is not fulfilled, student must write the Credit test (limit 9/20). All absences must be made up before writing the credit test. * One repetition of the Credit test is approved.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 19.5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/aVLLP0431c