LF:aVLPL11XX General Medicine Practice - Course Information
aVLPL11XX General Medicine Practice and GeriatricsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Lenka Dvořáková (lecturer)
MUDr. Emmanuela Fernandová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Josef Laub (lecturer)
MUDr. Vladimír Marek (lecturer)
MUDr. Lucie Rausová (lecturer)
MUDr. Adam Lukáč (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Hana Cahová (assistant)
Jitka Skládaná (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 14. 9. 8:30–10:00 N01180, Thu 8. 10. 13:00–15:00 430, Mon 11. 1. 8:30–10:00 N01180, Thu 4. 2. 13:00–15:00 430
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
aVLPL11XX/02: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFA0822p Pharmacology II - lec. && aVLSP03X Individual project && aVLPX102t Vacational training GYN/OBST && aVLVL101 Internal Medicine && aVLPD1033c Pediatrics III - practice && aVLPG1022c Gynecol. and obst. II- pract. && aVLPG1022p Gynec/Obstet II -lecture && aVLOZ1044 Public Health IV && aVLCH091 Surgery && aVLCH9X33c Surgery III - practice && aVLPX102t Vacational training GYN/OBST && aVLAM9X1p Intensive care med. - lect. && aVLIN9X22p Infectious diseases II && aVLNE9X1p Neurology - lecture && aVLON9X1p Clinical oncology - lec. && aVLPY9X1p Psychiatry - lect. && ( aVLKB091 Clinical Biochemistry || aVLFP091 Physiology and path.of newborn || aVLAL091 Anaesthes. and Treat. of Pain || aVLDO091 Paediatric Oncology || aVLKF101 Clinical Pharmacology )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students will have a basic overview containing basic aspects of general practice, the main difference between general practice and other specialties of medicine. The practical part of this subject runs in general practitioners offices, so the student will know the performance of GPs offices of teachers of the Medical Faculty of Masaryk University
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able:
- to have a basic overview of general aspects of general practice.
- to describe the main specifics of general practice and its basic rules.
- to know the performance of GP office for adults and GP offices for children and adolescents.
- to know the main specifics of diagnostics, diseases course, pharmacotherapy and aftercare in older persons.
- to know the performance of Geriatric Department of Faculty Hospital Brno.
- Family medicine and general practice. Development, the content of the subject, methods of work.
- 2. Family in the past and today. The family environment influence health and disease. Dynamics of the family.
- 3. Competences of the general practitioner in diagnostics and therapy.
- 4. Interdisciplinary cooperation in health service, cooperation between family medicine/general practice and other medical specialties. How to achieve compliance.
- 5. Aspects of the care for seriously ill patients et home. Specificities of the care for patients with cardiovascular, oncological and locomotion diseases.
- 6. Specificities of the diseases in elderly. Pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods in elderly.
- 7. Psychiatric patient in the family and at non-psychiatric hospital.
- 8. First aid at home and at workplace. The equipment for first aid at the non-urgent healthcare service.
- 9. Communication with patients. Empathy and burn-out syndrome prevention.
- 10. Communication with handicapped, especially with visual and hearing disturbances.
- 11. Cross influence of health and social situation. Complex home care as a support of out-patient basis care.
- 12. Different types of social facilities. Nutritional probléme, physiotherapy and care for blind patients in social facilities.
- 13. Education to health lifestyle.
- 14. Ethical aspects of primary care.
- recommended literature
- SEIFERT, Bohumil, Václav BENEŠ and Svatopluk BÝMA. Všeobecné praktické lékařství. 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2013. xi, 673. ISBN 9788072629343. info
- Textbook of family medicine. Edited by Ian R. McWhinney - Thomas Freeman. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2009. xii, 460 p. ISBN 0195369858. info
- SEIFERT, Bohumil and Václav BENEŠ. Všeobecné praktické lékařství. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2005. 292 s. ISBN 8072623699. info
- Teaching methods
- 1 workshop - case reports, active preparation and presentation of report
- Assessment methods
- colloquium, case description
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: výuka včetně kolokvia musí být absolvována před poslední SRZ.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/aVLPL11XX