LF:aVLPX084t Vacational training - Course Information
aVLPX084t Vacational Training in Surgery and Internal MedicineFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/8/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLPF0622p Pathological Phys. II - lect. && aVLPA0622p Pathology II - lecture && aVLLP0633c Clinical Introduction III - p && aVLPX061t Vacational Training in primary
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This subject is arranged in cooperation with district hospitals and offers students the opportunity to be more familiar with the routine performance of the internal and surgical department and out-patient clinics.
- Learning outcomes
- Student knows the structure and the functioning of internal and surgical hospital department.
Student is ready for the first contact with the patient at the internal and surgical hospital department.
Student knows the basics of communication with the patient and his relatives at the internal and surgical hospital department.
Student can manage acute situations in the internal and surgical hospital department.
- 1st week - department of medicine, diagnostic examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures, patient education, dimission
- 2nd week - internal out-patient clinic, rules of the care on out-patient basis, cooperation with home care agencies, emergency dept.
- 3rd week - surgical department, diagnostic procedures, bedside surgical procedures, operation theatre
- 4th week - surgical out patient clinic, small injuries, acute abdomen, emergencies at surgical out-patient clinic
- recommended literature
- HOLUBEC, Luboš. Klinická propedeutika v klinických a interních oborech. 1. vydání. Plzeň: Západočeská univerzita v Plzni, 2017. 62 stran. ISBN 9788026106715. info
- CORNELL, Ann Weiser. Focusing in clinical practice : the essence of change. First edition. New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 2013. xxxvi, 250. ISBN 9780393707601. info
- DOBIÁŠ, Viliam. Klinická propedeutika v urgentní medicíně. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2013. 208 s. ISBN 9788024745718. info
- KLENER, Pavel. Vnitřní lékařství. 3., přepr. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 2006. 1158 s. ISBN 8024612526. info
- Teaching methods
- practical training at hospital during holidays
- Assessment methods
- Certificate of the district hospital, credit
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 120.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses