LF:aVLPY9X1c Psychiatry - pract. - Course Information
aVLPY9X1c Psychiatry - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Tomáš Kašpárek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Pavel Theiner, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Bc. Libor Ustohal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Elis Bartečků, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Hořínková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Václav Krmíček (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Eva Češková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michaela Mayerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Terézia Knejzlíková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Tomáš Kašpárek, Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Jana Pazderová
Supplier department: Department of Psychiatry - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- aVLFA0822p Pharmacology II - lec.
VLFA0722p - Pharmacology II lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Main aims of the course are:
- to get acquainted with the problematics of general and special Psychiatry and its connections to other specialisations;
- to familiarise with psychiatric terminology;
- to get acquainted with the methodology of psychiatric diagnostics and therapeutic approaches;
- to get acquainted with characteristics, symptoms, diagnostics, course and therapy of major mental disorders;
- to familiarise with the basic diagnostic and therapeutic process in patients with psychiatric symptomatology in general medical practice.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course a student will be able to:
- Describe and classify basic disorders of mental functions;
- Perform an examination of a patient with a psychiatric disorder;
- Describe principles of the psychiatric diagnostics;
- Describe a classification and indications of biological therapeutic methods and psychotherapy;
- Describe a classification, symptoms and course of main psychiatric disorders;
- Describe management and treatment options in main psychiatric disorders;
- Perform a necessary differential diagnosis and suggest a means to manage a patient showing symptoms of a mental disorder;
- Reproduce and apply legislation pertaining to psychiatric patients, especially hospitalisation without informed consent, possession of a driving license and gun license, criminal responsibility and legal capacity.
- EDUCATIONAL SEMINARS:
- Psychiatric assessment
- Treatment in Psychiatry
- Affective disorders
- Personality disorders and psychotherapy
- Neurotic disorders
- Eating disorders
- Child psychiatry
- Substance use disorders
- required literature
- ŽOURKOVÁ, Alexandra, Eva ČEŠKOVÁ and Ivana DRTÍLKOVÁ. General and specialized psychiatry. Multimediální podpora výuky klinických a zdravotnických oborů (General and specialized psychiatry). 2011. URL info
- COWEN, Philip, Paul HARRISON a Tom BURNS. Shorter Oxford textobook of psychitry, sixth edition, 818 stran. ISBN 978-80-1996-0561-3
- recommended literature
- STAHL, Stephen. Stahl´s essential psychopharmacology: neuroscientific basis and practical application. 4. vyd. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2013, 608 s. ISBN 978-1-107-68646-5
- Teaching methods
- - Theoretical seminars
- Demonstration of patients and discussions about specific patient cases
- Practical exercises
- Assessment methods
To complete the course, a student has to attend the lessons, only one full day of excused absence is allowed. In case of more absences, substitution is required. Substitution is usually in the form of the written essay on a selected topic or short stay at one of the wards of Department of Psychiatry. The means of substitution can be arranged with the deputy for education.
The part of the final evaluation is a written test. The test is multiple-choice answer test with only one correct answer. To succeed in the test at least 8 out of 13 questions have to be answered correctly.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: K udělení zápočtu je třeba vypracovat písemné psychiatrické vyšetření pacienta
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Další informace na: http://psychiatrie.med.muni.cz.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 60.
- Teacher's information