LF:aZLCH0631c Surgery I -pract. - Course Information
aZLCH0631c Surgery I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Ivan Čapov, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Doležel, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jiří Jeřábek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivo Rovný (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Vlček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Žák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Hana Baráčková (assistant)
Lucie Kučerová (assistant)
Eva Kysilková (assistant)
Lea Müllerová (assistant)
Věra Stejskalová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Igor Penka, CSc.
First Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: First Department of Surgery - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 11. 5. 7:30–12:30 M1-Vm-L, Tue 12. 5. 7:30–12:30 M1-Vm-L, Wed 13. 5. 7:30–12:30 M1-Vm-L, Thu 14. 5. 7:30–12:30 M1-Vm-L, Fri 15. 5. 7:30–12:30 M1-Vm-L
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aZLPA0521c Pathology I - practice && aZLPF0521c Pathophysiol.I - practice && aZLCP051c Clin. Introd. in Surgery-prac.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main goal of the first semester in surgery is the introduction of the principal topics in the general surgery and with the main principles of the special surgery.
- Learning outcomes
- After passing the three-semester subject the student will:
- know anatomy of head, neck and chest, including topographic anatomy.
- know the diseases in the individual areas and to diagnose them.
- know the traumatology issues in this area.
- be capable of differential diagnosis of diseases in the three areas and knowledge of the treatment of these diseases.
- be able to handle theoretically the bleeding in the head and neck areas, to know the basics of tissue suturing and the basics of anesthesia.
- be aware of general surgery in its whole entirety
- 1. Surgery of the lung, mediastinum and chest wall
- 2. Biliodigestive surgery
- 3. Colorectal surgery
- 4. Vascular surgery, endocrine surgery
- 5. Miniinvasive surgery
- ZEMAN, Miroslav. Speciální chirurgie. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2000. 575 s. ISBN 8072620932. info
- Teaching methods
- The teaching proceeds in the one week block (daily 2-hours). The seminar follows after the lecture (themes in syllabus). Seminars have a form of discussion with the practical bedside examples.
- Assessment methods
- The week is ended by a written test. The credit is given providing successful test and full attendance in tutorials.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/aZLCH0631c