LF:aZLPD0911c Paediatrics - practice - Course Information
aZLPD0911c Paediatrics - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Milena Burianová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Doležel, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lenka Dostalová Kopečná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Veronika Fiamoli, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Eliška Hloušková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Jabandžiev, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Hana Jičínská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tomáš Jimramovský (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Jouza (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tomáš Juřenčák (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lucie Kalichová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Erik Nedorost (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Papež (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jakub Pecl (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Magdalena Rohanová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Kateřina Slabá (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Eva Slouková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Šťastná, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Štěrba (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Markéta Veverková (seminar tutor)
Veronika Bradáčková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Petr Jabandžiev, Ph.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: MUDr. Petr Jabandžiev, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Pediatrics - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 11. 10. 8:00–10:30 N03086, Tue 12. 10. 8:00–10:30 N03086, Wed 13. 10. 8:00–10:30 N03086, Thu 14. 10. 8:00–10:30 N03086, Fri 15. 10. 8:00–10:30 N03086
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aZLCP051c Clin. Introd. in Surgery-prac. && aZLIP061c Clin.Introd.to Int.Med.-pract. && aZLFA0722c Pharmacology II - pract. && aZLLM0522p Medical Microbiology II-lect. && aZLOT0711c Otorhinolaryngology -pract. && aZLDV0711c Dermatovenerology -pract. && aZLPZ041p Preventive Dentistry - lect. && aZLNE0811c Neurology - practice && aZLCH0833c Surgery III - practice && aZLSP03X Individual project
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of practical lessons is to acquaint the students with problems of treatment and prevent nursing in the field. The student will be acquainted with the organization of the paediatric care. The student knows standard diagnostic procedures and tests for the individual clinical conditions of the child and is able to apply them in practice. After participation in the course, students will be able to attend the most common childhood diseases, especially with the accent on the oral cavity. The student will be able to safely recognize and treat various acute conditions occurring by providing dental care for children
- Learning outcomes
- The student understands the specifics of communication with children.
The student knows the most common childhood illnesses.
The student knows the clinical manifestations of urgent conditions in pediatrics
- 1.day Seminar: Growth and development of a healthy child
- 2.day Seminar: Hematology, bleeding disorders in childhood
- 3.-5.day Practical training with tutor.
- Examination children of specific age groups – newborn, infant, toddler, preschool, school children and adolescent. Assessment of growth and development. Examination children with typical diseases in childhood.
- Current diagnosis and treatment : pediatrics. Edited by William W. Hay. 22nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical, 2014. xxviii, 15. ISBN 9780071827348. info
- MARCDANTE, Karen J. and Robert KLIEGMAN. Nelson essentials of pediatrics. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2014. xxii, 754. ISBN 9781455759804. info
- Teaching methods
- seminar, internship
- Assessment methods
- Credit, attendance at practical training 90 %,
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/aZLPD0911c