LF:BOZF0221 Physical Optic Measurement I - Course Information
BOZF0221 Physical Optic Measurement IFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Luděk Bočánek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dušan Hemzal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Mojmír Meduňa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Chaloupka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Anna Petruželková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- BOZF0221/01: Tue 14:50–17:40 Fp2,04012
BOZF0221/02: Wed 6:50–9:40 Fp2,04012
BOZF0221/03: Thu 16:35–19:15 Fp2,04012
BOZF0221/04: Thu 13:45–16:35 Fp2,04012
BOZF0221/05: Tue 11:50–14:40 Fp2,04012
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BOMA0121c Mathematics I-p && ZC011 Handling chemical substances
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Optometry (programme LF, B-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- Optics and optometry at MU Faculty of medicine. The main goal of the course is to deepen and stabilise the insight of the students into the physical phenomena underlying the optical problems to be encountered in their profession. After actualisation of the basics of the security of work in a laboratory the students are in this advanced course acquainted with new phenomena rising from the wave nature of light - interference and diffraction -, detection of light and function of spectrometers. The imaging is extended to the case of thick lenses including determination of their parameters. At the end of the semester a collective demonstration of vacuum vapour deposition takes place. Upon passing out the course a set of phenomena which students are personally experienced with is significantly enhanced improving thus the potential of the students to correctly identify them in the practice and thus to correctly corrolary on their characteristics.
- Processing of the measurement results. Measurement on the resistors. Measurements of the electric power of alternating current. Measurement of the polarisation action of a polaroid and verification of Malus's law for real polaroids. Measurement of microscope parameters. Determination of index of refraction using minimal deviation method. Polarisation plane bending in a solution and its dependence on the solution concentration. Measurement on the dielectric surface reflected light. Focal distance measurement of a thin lens. Refractometric measurement of the index of refraction. Transmission of light through plan-parallel plate and triangular prism.
- Teaching methods
- laboratory exercises, group projects, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- practice, credit
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses