LF:ZLPZ041c Preventive Dentistry-pract. - Course Information
ZLPZ041c Preventive Dentistry - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Antonín Fassmann, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jiří Vaněk, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ZLPZ041c/21: Mon 18. 2. to Fri 12. 4. Wed 12:00–15:20 N03901, Wed 13:30–16:30 N05513
ZLPZ041c/22: Mon 18. 2. to Fri 12. 4. Thu 12:00–15:20 N03901, Thu 13:30–16:30 N05513
ZLPZ041c/23: Mon 18. 2. to Fri 12. 4. Wed 12:00–15:20 N03901, Wed 13:30–16:30 N05513
ZLPZ041c/24: Mon 18. 2. to Fri 12. 4. Thu 12:00–15:20 N03901, Thu 13:30–16:30 N05513
ZLPZ041c/40: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ZLPR0333p Preclin.Dentistry III - lect. && ZLAN0333s Anatomy III - seminar && ZLAN0333c Anatomy III -dissect. && ZLFY0321c Physiol. I - pract. && ZLHE0322c Histol.and Embryol. II-pract.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Branch content: Students are learning about etiology and prevention of dental caries and parodontopathies also the basics of oral hygiene and its importance for maintenance of the personal health. Basic aims of subject education: Students are obtaining knowledge about causes of dental caries and parodontopathies. They learn diagnostics, prevention and therapy these diseases with emphasis on basic prophylactic procedures. Subject content: Aim of lessons is to manage students with importance of oral hygiene, causes of dental caries and parodontopathies. They learn to diagnose early phase these diseases and to start effective preventive actions. The consequence of epidemiological studies is accentuated and students are practically trained in determination of basic indices in restorative dentistry and periodontics. They learn how to remove tartar, plaque and make scaling. Students also meet with methods improving enamel resistance, local and systemic floridation, fundamentals of health nutrition.
- Anatomy of the periodontal tissues, demonstration of the diseased periodontal tissues, basic instruments for examination, aids for dental plaque and dental calculus detection. CPITN, PI, PBI, PDI PI indices, practical training, aids for oral hygiene. Tooth-brushing techniques, kneeding of the gumm, types of tooth brushes, dental floss, stimulator, instructions for the patient. Scaling - supragingival calculus, subgingival calculus, ultrasound method, hand instruments, root planing. DMFT, DMFS indices, practical training in DMFT and DMFS calculation, early lesion identification and evaluation, bite-wing radiograph in caries diagnosis. Examination of children, tooth-brushing methods: training with children. Topical fluoridation methods. Polishing of fillings. Enamel opacities, mottled enamel. Demonstration of bacteria: Dentocult LB, Dentocult SM. Determination of buffer capacity of saliva (Dentobuff strips). Fissure sealing, description of the method, training on extracted teeth, fissure sealing in the oral cavity. Literature
- KOVAĽOVÁ, Eva and Michal ČIERNY. Orálna hygiena. 1. vyd. Prešov: Vydavateľstvo Anna Nagyová, 1994. 246 s. ISBN 80-967041-3-3. info
- Prevention of dental disease. Edited by J. J. Murray. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1989. xii, 503 s. ISBN 0-19-261806-7. info
- ŠKACH, Miroslav. Onemocnění parodontu : Učebnice pro lékařské fakulty. 4. část. přeprac. vyd. Praha: Avicenum, 1977. 513 s. info
- Teaching methods
- practical training
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.