LF:MIKRP0242s Reflections on Practical Exper - Course Information
MIKRP0242s Reflections on Practical Experience II - seminarFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.4/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Marie Zítková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Marie Zítková, Ph.D.
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 28. 5. 12:00–13:40 428-stara KAM2, Wed 3. 6. 7:00–8:40 428-stara KAM2, Fri 5. 6. 14:00–15:40 428-stara KAM2
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- MIKRP0141s Reflections on Practical Experience I - seminar
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to obtain theoretical managerial-pedagogical and practical information concerning Reflection of nursing practice. Practical skills allow students to reflect the experience of clinical practice realized in the subject Nursing Practice I. Managerial - pedagogical view will enable the use of reflective habits in concrete nursing practice, in the organization and management of nursing care in health care facilities.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to: - work meaningfully with reflection / self-reflection for career development; - evaluate critically experience of clinical practice presented in the reflective journal and suggest possible solutions issues. The student will also: - be capable of reflecting and self-reflecting in purposeful manner; - to evaluate his/her own practice comprehensively, incl. naming strong and weak areas; - to consider the benefits and difficulties of concrete proposed measures in reflecting experience and to plan individual development of necessary skills.
- Organization of practice, co-operation with a supervisor / mentor of clinical practice. Working with reflection (using reflection on career development, supporting the development of reflective and self-reflective skills). Keeping a reflective journal, a professional portfolio. Promoting professional reflection and self-reflection as a tool for professional nursing education with regard to specific professional issues.
- PRICE, Bob and Anne HARRINGTON. Critical thinking and writing for nursing students. Third edition. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2016. xi, 193. ISBN 9781473925083. info
- MCKINNON, John. Reflection for nursing life : principles, process and practice. Edited by David Scott. New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016. xii, 138st. ISBN 9781138787599. info
- PÍŠOVÁ, Michaela, Karolina DUSCHINSKÁ, Jana KARGEROVÁ, Alena LAMPERTOVÁ, Eva LUKAVSKÁ, Monika SZIMETHOVÁ and Anna TOMKOVÁ. Mentoring v učitelství (Mentoring in the teaching profession). první. Praha: Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Pedagogická fakulta, 2011. 204 pp. ISBN 978-80-7290-518-8. info
- KORTHAGEN, F. A. J. and Jos KESSELS. Linking practice and theory : the pedagogy of realistic teacher education. London: Routledge, 2008. xvi, 312. ISBN 9780805839814. info
- PÍŠOVÁ, Michaela. Klinický rok : procesy profesního rozvoje studentů učitelství a jejich podpora. Vyd. 1. Pardubice: Univerzita Pardubice, 2005. 233 s. ISBN 807194744X. info
- SCHÖN, Donald A. Educating the reflective practitioner. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987. xvii, 355. ISBN 1555422209. info
- Teaching methods
- Working with reflective diaries and portfolio, group discussion on model situations.
- Assessment methods
- Records from practice, Credit (passing a seminar)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6.
- Teacher's information
- Students will not be divided into groups. Successful completion of the seminar is conditioned by active participation in seminars (80%) and continuous tasks and their submission in agreed deadlines (reflective journal and professional portfolio).
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/MIKRP0242s