LF:aVLBI0222c Lékařská biologie II - cvičení - Informace o předmětu
aVLBI0222c Lékařská biologie II - cvičeníLékařská fakulta
- 0/3/0. 45. 3 kr. Ukončení: z.
- prof. RNDr. Ondřej Slabý, Ph.D. (přednášející)
Mgr. et Mgr. Marie Boudná (cvičící)
Mgr. Kateřina Cetkovská, Ph.D. (cvičící)
Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (cvičící)
Felicity Anne Feiser (cvičící)
Mgr. Kateřina Francová, Ph.D. (cvičící)
Monica Medappa (cvičící)
Roberto Pivato (cvičící)
Sara Poovakulathu Abraham, MSc (cvičící)
Mgr. Petra Pospíšilová, Ph.D. (cvičící)
Ing. Mgr. Michaela Ručková (cvičící)
Mgr. Marek Večeřa (cvičící)
Mgr. Simona Vochyánová (cvičící)
Jana Růžičková (pomocník)
- prof. RNDr. Ondřej Slabý, Ph.D.
Biologický ústav - Teoretická pracoviště - Lékařská fakulta
Kontaktní osoba: Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D.
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Biologický ústav - Teoretická pracoviště - Lékařská fakulta
- aVLBI0121c Biologie I - cvičení
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je určen pouze studentům mateřských oborů.
- Mateřské obory/plány
- Cíle předmětu
- The main objectives of the course are:
- learning the methods of risk evaluation for hereditary diseases of various molecular backgrounds in patients based on family anamneses
- understanding the basic principles of gene engineering
- understanding and practising selected molecular methods used for the examination of some cancers or hereditary and infectious diseases with regard to the selection of appropriate therapy
- Výstupy z učení
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- evaluate the risk of hereditary diseases of various molecular backgrounds in patients based on assigned family anamneses of the diseases
- describes the basic principles of genetic prognosis and genetic counselling
- suggest and perform basic molecular-genetic diagnostic examinations of some hereditary, tumour and infectious diseases (PCR, restriction digest, gel electrophoresis) and interpret the obtained results
- explain selected basic techniques of gene engineering and their application in medicine, and, with knowledge of the used method, select the clones of cells with an inserted gene
- Week 1: Genetic disorders - autosomal inheritance
- Week 2: Genetic disorders - gonosomal inheritance
- Week 3: Extensions to basic genetics
- Week 4: Genetic prognosis and genetic counselling
- Week 5: Human population genetics
- Week 6: Control test 3 (knowledge from week 1 to week 5 of the spring semester - lectures, practices)
- Week 7: Molecular diagnostics of human pathogenic bacteria (1st half of the group)
- Week 8: Molecular diagnostics of human pathogenic bacteria (2nd half of the group)
- Week 9: Gene engineering – production of human proteins in bacterial cells (1st half of the group)
- Week 10: Gene engineering – production of human proteins in bacterial cells (2nd half of the group)
- Week 11: Molecular diagnostics of cancer (1st half of the group)
- Week 12: Molecular diagnostics of cancer (2nd half of the group)
- Week 13: Control test 4 (knowledge from week 7 to week 12 of the spring semester - lectures, practices)
- Week 14: no practices, Re-sit test
- Week 15: no practices, credit awarding
- povinná literatura
- Protocols for practices are provided in electronic form in the Information System of the Masaryk University in the Study Materials of the course aVLBI0222c
- Výukové metody
- laboratory practice, class discussion
- Metody hodnocení
- Practical classes are mandatory.
Requirements for course completion: full attendance in the practices (1 absence, excused or unexcused, is allowed); all protocols completed (also for missed lessons) and checked and signed by appropriate teachers; successfully passed 2 written control tests during the semester (knowledge from lectures and practices, 20 questions in each test, 1 answer correct to be chosen from 4 possibilities, student needs to reach at least 24 points out of 40 from both of the tests). In case you do not pass control tests (you have less than 24 points), you write a re-sit of the control test (knowledge from lectures and practices of the entire semester, 20 questions, 1 answer correct to be chosen from 4 possibilities, student needs to reach at least 12 points). If you do not pass the re-sit of the control test, you have to write the final test (Credit test) based on knowledge of the entire semester's lectures and practices. The credit test comprises 20 questions: 10 test questions (multiple answers can be correct, and negative marking is obtained for incorrect answers) + 10 given terms for a written explanation. At least 10 points out of 20 are needed to pass.
In case of a student’s late arrival to the practice or poor activity at the practice, the student must write an essay length of 2 pages on a given topic. Same for the case of two absences in practice (excused or unexcused). Find the instructions for essay writing in the Instructions for the course in the Interactive syllabus in the IS. Bring the essay printed to the teacher who specified the topic (after making an appointment during consulting hours), and be ready to answer the teacher's questions regarding the topic.
In case of 3 absences (excused or unexcused), (or more than 3 absences all excused by the Office for Studies within 5 days from the beginning of the absence and introduced to the Information System), it is addressed individually. Course-unit credit is awarded only after the proof of the student's knowledge of the entire semester's topics (Credit test, see above).
The course-unit credit is not awarded in the case of 4 or more unexcused absences.
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Navazující předměty
- Informace učitele
Interactive syllabus of the course:
What to bring to each practice: printed protocol for the respective practice, your own writing materials. Download the protocol for each practice from the Study materials or Interactive syllabus in the IS, and study it in advance. Lab shoes are required, and lab coats and disposable gloves are not required, but lab coats are recommended for tasks with staining.
Substitution of practices: In exceptional cases (illness, appointment at the doctor’s or foreign policy, 1 or 2 times per semester as maximum), students can arrange a substitution with another group. To arrange a substitution, write an e-mail to the course contact person at least 24 hours before your planned substitution and specify the group (date and time) you would like to attend instead (see Interactive syllabus - Instructions for the course - Timetable). Substitution is only possible on the same teaching week. When the capacity of the group you intended to substitute with is fully used, the substitution does not need to be approved. Repeated substitution with other groups is not allowed.
Complete Biology instructions to be found at the following link:
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je vyučován každoročně.
Výuka probíhá každý týden.