LF:VSCJ0787 Czech for Foreigners VII -p - Course Information
VSCJ0787 Czech Language for Foreigners VII - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Veronika Dvořáčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Magdalena Pintarová (seminar tutor), PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Martin Punčochář (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jarmila Šafránková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Wachsmuthová (seminar tutor), PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. (deputy)
PhDr. Jana Vyorálková (assistant)
- PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D.
Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Veronika Dvořáčková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Medicine Division - Language Centre
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VSCJ0787/30: Thu 16:00–17:40 A11/228, M. Punčochář
VSCJ0787/31: Mon 15:55–17:35 KOM 206, M. Pintarová
VSCJ0787/32: Thu 16:00–17:40 KOM 409, J. Šafránková
VSCJ0787/33: Mon 15:20–17:00 A11/228, I. Rešková
VSCJ0787/34: Tue 16:50–18:30 A11/211, M. Pintarová
VSCJ0787/35: Tue 16:00–17:40 KOM S117, I. Rešková
- VSCJ0686 Czech for Foreigners VI -p
General Czech at the B1 CEFR level. The knowledge of specialist discipline-specific vocabulary covered in the VSCJ0686 Czech Language for Foreigners VI course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the tuition is working knowledge of the Czech language on the B1+/B2 level of the "Common European Framework of Reference" (CEFR) checked by an examination.The course seeks to develop in students knowledge of specialized discipline-specific vocabulary and skills for effective doctor-patient communication.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
-communicate with patients in Czech without any help of English speaking doctors or interpreters and independently take case history
-use practical medical vocabulary; apply medical language in doctor-patient communication
- present specialized topics in medicine (namely Urology, Surgery, Ophtalmology, ORL and Orthopedics)
- follow and take part in specialized discussions
- negotiate in every-day situations at school, in the hospital, and in their free time
-write simple texts on familiar topics and topics related to their interest, and understand texts that consist of high frequency everyday or job-related language.
- 1st week: Introduction. Revision: INTERNAL MEDICINE I_CARDIOLOGY (www.mluvtecesky.net).
- 2nd week: Revision: INTERNAL MEDICINE II (Pneumology, GIT). Grammar: Revision: Declension in sg including KDO/CO and personal pronouns.
- 3rd week: HISTORY OF RENAL DISEASES (TM 25). Grammar:Verbs of motion with prefixes, long and short verbs (jít–přijít, chodit–přicházet; jet–přijet, jezdit–přijíždět (CC 6).
- 4th week: SURGERY I (www.mluvtecesky.net). Conversation: My hobby. Free time activities. Grammar: Nouns derived from verbs of motion (CC6). Revision: Declension in pl.
- 5th week: PROGRESS TEST 1. SURGERY II. Conversation: The capital city of my country. Grammar: Adjectives and adverbs in use (CC 6, incl. comparative and superlative).
- 6th week: OFTALMOLOGY I (TM 32). Conversation: Life course. My biography. Grammar: Declension of nouns člověk and dítě (CC7).
- 7th week: OFTALMOLOGY II (www.mluvtecesky.net). Grammar:Clauses with ABY (CC7).
- 8th week: OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY I (TM 33). Conversation: Zdravý životní styl. Grammar: Conjunctions and linking words (CC7).
- 9th week: OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY II (www.mluvtecesky.net). Grammar:Verbal nouns (CC8).
- 10th week: PROGRESS TEST 2. ORTHOPEDICS I (www.mluvtecesky.net). Grammar: Revision of modal verbs (CC9)
- 11th week: ORTHOPEDICS II. Conversation:: The history of my family.
- 12th week: PROGRESS TEST 3. Conversation:: My studies at Masaryk University.
- 13th week: FINAL REVISION.
- 14th week: FINAL TEST.
- required literature
- ČERMÁKOVÁ, Iveta. Talking medicine : Czech for medical students. 3., rev. English ed. Prague: Karolinum Press, 2012. 261 s. ISBN 9788024621043. info
- REŠKOVÁ, Ivana, Roye MAUTHNER, Emanuel CARVALHEIRO MARQUES, Anshu JHA and Stuart Andrew HOPKINSON. How to take a patient's history. 1. vydání. Brno: CJV MU, 2015. 10 pp. info
- REŠKOVÁ, Ivana and Magdalena PINTAROVÁ. Communicative Czech (Intermediate Czech). 2.dotisk 2.vydání. : PhDr. Ivana Rešková, 2006. 196 pp. ISBN 80-902180-9-1. info
- REŠKOVÁ, Ivana. Communicative Czech (Intermediate Czech): Workbook. 3. vydání. Brno: Ivana Rešková, 2014. ISBN 978-80-239-6576-6. info
- Teaching methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical courses. Teaching methods: listening, reading, speaking (class discussion,team work), listening comhrehension, projects, homework. Emphasis put on selfstudy!
- Assessment methods
- The tuition is realised in the form of practical courses. The students' presence in these courses is strictly required, maximally two properly apologised absences are tolerated. The tuition is finished by a course-unit credit given on the basis of the students' presence, preparation for classes, sitting for Progress Tests and their successful passing of a Final test.The basic limit for passing all tests is 70%. In case of passing all class test, which is obligatory for all students, the basic limit in the Final test is reduced by 10%. Students who score a minimum of 90% in EACH progress test are not obliged to take the credit test. Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam by awarding grade "NNN" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information