LF:VLOZ0943p Ochrana a podpora zdraví III - - Course Information
VLOZ0943p Ochrana a podpora zdraví III - přednáškaFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Pavlína Kaňová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Marie Kolářová, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Michal Koščík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Martin Krsek, CSc., MSc (lecturer)
MUDr. Bohdana Rezková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Miroslava Zavřelová (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Michal Koščík, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Aleš Peřina, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Bc. Zuzana Derflerová Brázdová, DrSc.
Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Public Health - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLOZ0642p Public Health II - lecture && VLFA08222c Pharmacology II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- The course consists of two main topics:
1. Special epidemiology and vaccinology
2. Legal aspects in the health care
The aim of teaching the first topic is:
- obtaining competencies in the prevention of transmission of infectious diseases, focusing on the most common or most serious community-related and healthcare-associated infections,
- understanding the patterns affecting the occurrence of infections - economic, environmental, social or cultural influences,
- getting acquainted with the current epidemiological situation in the Czech Republic and in the world and with the possibilities of abuse of agents of infections,
- to acquire the fundamentals of vaccination, focusing on the importance of vaccination and the safety of vaccines.
The aim of teaching the second topic is:
- understanding the importance of legal issues in the health care,
- obtaining skills in law enforcement in the patient care,
- understanding the legally defined processes in the education of doctors and in the area of competence of healthcare professionals.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- apply knowledge of the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases in the provision of preventive and repressive anti-epidemic measures at community level and in healthcare facilities,
- understand the determinants of infectious diseases and enter the secrets of the epidemic and pandemic spread of infections,
- use vaccination to prevent infections in their medical practice, including knowledge of reasoning on the general public,
- apply knowledge of the basic legislation in the patient care and the career,
- understand the rights and duties of both the patient and the healthcare professionals.
- A. Water and food-borne infections.
- B. HIV, sexually transmitted infections, viral hepatitis.
- A. Environmental changes and their impact on the spread of infections.
- B. Respiratory-tract infections. Highly contagious infections and biological weapons.
- Vaccination preventable infections, vaccination.
- A. Summary of patient's rights and obligations.
- B. Patient decision making and decision making instead of patient.
- C. Pediatric patients and aggressive patients.
- A. Patient privacy.
- B. Basic duties of a healthcare professional.
- C. Refusal, failure to provide and termination of health care.
- required literature
- Manuál prevence v lékařské praxi. Edited by Kamil Provazník - Lumír Komárek. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní zdravotní ústav, 2001. 63 s. ISBN 8070711949. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by credit. The course credit is awarded with condition of having successfully passed the final test in the course Public Health III - practice.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses