LF:VLPL11XX Practical Medicine - Course Information
VLPL11XX Practical Medicine and GeriatricsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Emmanuela Fernandová (lecturer)
MUDr. Josef Holík (lecturer)
MUDr. Josef Laub (lecturer)
MUDr. Vladimír Marek (lecturer)
MUDr. Lucie Rausová (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Jitka Skládaná (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Jitka Skládaná
Supplier department: Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( VSSP03X Individual project || VLSP03X Individual project )&& VLPX102t Vacational training GYN/OBST && VLVL101 Internal.medicine -lec. && VLPD1033c Pediatrics III-practice && VLPG1022c Gynecol. and obst. II- pract. && VLPG1022p Gynec/Obstet II lecture && VLOZ1044 Public health && VLCH091 Surgery
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students wil have the basic overview containing basic aspects of general practice, main difference between general practice and other specialities of medicine. The practical part of this subject runs in general practitioners offices, so student will know the performance of GPs offices of teachers of Medical Faculty of Masaryk University
- Learning outcomes
- Student will get basic overview about general aspects of general practice. Student is able to describe main specifics of general practice and its basic rules. Student knows the performance of GP office for adults and GP office for children and adolescents. Students knows main specifics of diagnostics, diseases course, pharmacotherapy and aftercare in older persons. Students knows the performance of geriatric facilities of Faculty Hospital Brno and Long Term Care Facility of Hospital of Mercy Brothers Brno.
- Family medicine and general practice. Development, content of the subject, methods of work.
- 2. Family in the past and today. The family environment influence on health and diasease. Dynamice of the family.
- 3. Competences of general practicioner in diagnostics and therapy.
- 4. Interdisciplinary cooperation in health service, cooperation between family medicine/general praktice and other medical specialities. How to achieve the compliance.
- 5. Aspects of the care for seriously ill patients et home. Specificities of the care for patiens with cardiovascular, oncological adn locomotion diseases.
- 6. Specificities of the diseases in elderly. Pharmacological and non farmacological methods in elderly.
- 7. Psychiatric patient in the family and at non-psychiatric hospital.
- 8. First aid at home and at work place. The equipment for first aid at the non-urgent healthcare service.
- 9. Communication with patients. Empathy and burn-out syndrom prevention.
- 10. Communication with handicapped, especially with visual and hearing disturbances.
- 11. Cross influence of health and social situation. Complex home care as a support of out-patient basis care.
- 12. Different types of social facilities. Nutritional probléme, physiotherapy and care for blind patiens in social facilities.
- 13. Education to health life style.
- 14. Ethic aspects of primary care.
- recommended literature
- SEIFERT, Bohumil, Václav BENEŠ and Svatopluk BÝMA. Všeobecné praktické lékařství. 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2013. xi, 673. ISBN 9788072629343. info
- MATĚJOVSKÁ KUBEŠOVÁ, Hana, Pavel WEBER, Pavel ŠEVČÍK, Michal MAŠEK, Zdeněk KADAŇKA, Blanka VEPŘEKOVÁ, Vlasta POLCAROVÁ, Roman GÁL, Dagmar SEIDLOVÁ and Helena ONDRÁŠKOVÁ. Akutní stavy v geriatrii (Emergencies in geriatrics). 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2009. 233 pp. akutní medicína, geriatrie. ISBN 978-80-7262-620-5. info
- Textbook of family medicine. Edited by Ian R. McWhinney - Thomas Freeman. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2009. xii, 460 p. ISBN 0195369858. info
- SEIFERT, Bohumil and Václav BENEŠ. Všeobecné praktické lékařství. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2005. 292 s. ISBN 8072623699. info
- not specified
- Geriatrie e-learningový kurz, Portál LF MU 2014
- Teaching methods
- 4 seminars, 1 workshop - case reports, active preparation and presentation of report
- Assessment methods
- koloqium, case description
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
Note related to how often the course is taught: pouze kolokvium.
General note: výuka včetně kolokvia musí být absolvována před poslední SRZ.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/VLPL11XX