LF:MFGP071 Gynecology - Course Information
MFGP071 GynecologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. MUDr. Michal Pohanka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Michal Pohanka, Ph.D.
Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Leona Dunklerová
Supplier department: Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme LF, N-SZ)
- Course objectives
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology course involves the supervision and appropriate intervention during, normal and complicated pregnancy and delivery, as well as the recognition, prevention, management and surveillance of diseases affecting reproductive health in women. The course gives students understanding and basic knowledge in epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and prevention of common problems in obstetrics and gynecology; reproductive health matters, including family planning, infertility and maternal care, emphasizing wellness and prevention in addition to treatment of disease.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able to: - explain the pathogenesis of reproductive diseases - explain the diagnostics procedures - to suggest the treatment options
- The course graduate is expected to have fair knowledge in the following fields:
- OBSTERICS Physiological changes during pregnancy. Antenatal care. Drugs use during pregnancy and lactation. Abortion. Ectopic pregnancy. Hypertension in pregnancy Eclampsia Diabetes in pregnancy. Anaemia in pregnancy. Bleeding disorders with pregnancy. Multiple pregnancy. Normal labour. Analgesia & anaesthesia in labour. Breech presentation. Rupture uterus. Antepartum hemorrhage (Placenta previa ) Antepartum hemorrhage (Abruptio placentae ). Puerperium. Prematurity. R.H. Factor Fetal birth injurie. Perinatal asphyxia. Maternal and perinatal mortality. Prenatal diagnosis.
- GYNAECOLOGY Embryology and malformations of the female genital tract. Puberty. Climacteric and HRT. Dysmenorrhoea, premenstrual syndroma. Amenorrhoea. Infertility, assisted reproduction. Sexually Transmitted diseases. Tumours of genitalia. Endometriosis. Urinary incontinence. Contraception, hormonal treatment. Postmenopause.
- recommended literature
- ROZTOČIL, Aleš. Moderní porodnictví. 2., přepracované a doplně. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2017. xxxiii, 62. ISBN 9788024757537. info
- ROZTOČIL, Aleš. Moderní gynekologie. 1. vydání. Praha: Grada Publishing, 2011. xviii, 508. ISBN 9788024728322. info
- not specified
- ROB, Lukáš, Alois MARTAN and Karel CITTERBART. Gynekologie. 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2008. xxiv, 319. ISBN 9788072625017. info
- Dewhurst's textbook of obstetrics & gynaecology. Edited by D. Keith Edmonds. Eighth edition. Chichester, West Sussex: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. xv, 852. ISBN 9780470654576. info
- Teaching methods
- Gynecology and obstetrics according syllabus with video presentions, topics are consulted with students. Active work with documentation. Teaching schedule includes theoretical session, teaching and learning with students formative assessment of clinical case.
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2021/MFGP071