PdF:DGC012 Case Study in Geo - Course Information
DGC012 Case Study in GeographyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 15 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- RNDr. Hana Svobodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. Eduard Hofmann, CSc.
Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Kateřina Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Faculty of Education
- The prerequisite is knowledge of general facts of the physical and socio-economic geography and geographical research methods.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geography Education (programme PdF, D-DIGE) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is to get acquainted with the principles of geographic case studies, a comprehensive preparation and implementation.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Select relevant topic to address;
- Prepare data, maps and other documents;
- Prepare a detailed plan for teaching;
- Evaluate achieved results.
- 1. Choosing a theme for a case study, field survey, choosing forms of teaching.
- 2. Selection of maps and data bases and other information sources.
- 3. Preparation of hours scenario.
- 4. Implementation case studies - results, outputs.
- 5. Evaluation of achieved results.
- 6. Application of the case study in school or university education.
- ŠTRACH, P. Tvorba výukových a výzkumných případových studií. Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, roč. 15, č. 3, 2007. URL https://www.vse.cz/polek/download.php?jnl=aop&pdf=62.pdf
- YIN, Robert K. Case study research and applications : design and methods. Sixth edition. Los Angeles: Sage, 2018. xxx, 319. ISBN 9781506336169. info
- WEATHERLY, David, Nicholas SHEEHAN and Rebecca KITCHEN. Geographical enquiry. First edition. Glasgow: Collins, 2014. 128 stran. ISBN 9780007411030. info
- WEATHERLY, David, Nicholas SHEEHAN and Rebecca KITCHEN. Geographical enquiry. First edition. Glasgow: Collins, 2014. 80 stran. ISBN 9780007411153. info
- Teaching methods
- Group project, case study.
- Assessment methods
- Processing of complex case study and its defense.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/DGC012