PdF:FJ1004 Practice of Syntax - Course Information
FJ1004 Practice of French SyntaxFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Naděžda Hrůzová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D.
Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Barbora Hůrková
Supplier department: Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course complements Morphology 1 and 2 Syntax 1 and 2 (lectures and seminars). The seminar is used to practice the theoretical questions presented in the lectures Syntax 1 and 2 and to further deepen understanding of the structure of the French language based on reading texts, analysis of selected sentences and exercises from French university sources. The aim of the seminar is to enable students to gain a contrasting view of the French sentence and to understand the structure of French writing, its specifics.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student is able to: - understand the construction of the French sentence, - determine the types of sentences and their mutual relations, - explain grammatical phenomena and their syntactic interconnection, - apply acquired knowledge when reading more complex texts.
- Sentence members and relations between them (coordination, subordination). Relationships between sentences with a focus on the use of tenses and modes. Participles and their use in French syntax. Sequence of time. Word order in a French sentence compared to Czech. Differences between Czech and French. Current tendencies in the language, influences of other languages.
- required literature
- SEKVENT, Karel. Slovní druhy a jejich větně-členské funkce ve francouzštině (Word classes and their functioning as clause members in French language). 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. 54 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5881-1. info
- recommended literature
- RIEGEL, Martin, Jean-Christophe PELLAT and René RIOUL. Grammaire méthodique du français. 6e édition. Paris: PUF, 2016. xliii, 110. ISBN 9782130732853. info
- ABRY, Dominique and Marie-Laure CHALARON. La grammaire des premiers temps B1-B2. Nouvelle édition. Grenoble: Presses universitaires de Grenoble, 2015. 317 stran. ISBN 9782706122842. info
- SIRÉJOLS, Évelyne and Pierre CLAUDE. Grammaire : 450 nouveaux exercices. Paris: CLE International, 2002. 219 stran. ISBN 2090337427. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Ending: credit. Requirements: active participation and final test (at least 70%)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Učitelství pro 1. stupeň ZŠ - souborná zkouška s FJ1020
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Učitelství pro 1. st. ZŠ komb. 4 hod. konzultací.