PdF:IVp100 Andragogy and Geragogy - Course Information
IVp100 Andragogy and GeragogyFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Karel Pančocha, Ph.D., M.Sc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Vendula Malaníková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Karel Pančocha, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Lenka Gajzlerová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- IVp100/01: each even Tuesday 11:00–12:50 učebna 42, K. Pančocha
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (Specialization 6 - Special Education in Adulthood) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to introduce students to the field of andragogy and geragogy, including them in the historical, social and scientific context. Emphasis is placed on understanding basic categories such as adult and senior, adult and senior education, mobilization of human capital and quality of life. The main principles, forms, methods and strategies in adult and senior education will be mentioned together with the definition of the specific features of educational practices in this population. During the course the students acquire basic methods for working with adults and seniors together with appropriate motivational procedures. Last but not least, there will be mentioned the laws of educational processes, the conditions of curriculum development and key competences in adult and senior education with respect to people with special educational needs.
• The student knows the subject, objectives, content, forms, methods, principles and means of contemporary andragogic theory focusing on adult and senior education.
• The student will understand the theory of adult and senior education and especially apply informative and formative teaching methods.
• The student is able to elaborate a draft of an educational project or a curriculum (plan, syllabus, form, methods, didactic technique, etc.) for the teaching of adults and seniors as well as for the preparation of lecturers for work with individuals with special educational needs.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- explain specific aspects of education of adults and elderly people and compare these with education of children and adolescents
- describe selected educational theories regarding adult education
- explain fundamental terms and concepts from the field of adult education, education of adults with disabilities and sociology of adulthood
- prepare a complex intervention plan for a group of adults, including proposed teaching methods
- identify critical milestones in the life history of an adult and propose an intervention strategy aiming at minimizing of their negative impact on the individual and society
- Defining the key concepts of andragogy and geragogy.
- The object of andragogy and geragogy - adult and senior adult, personality specifications and types of adult and senior learning.
- Andragogical professions. Personal prerequisites and demands in education and intervention in adults.
- Objectives of adult and senior education; Motivation to education in adulthood and in older age.
- Curriculum creation and content in adult and senior education - concepts, curricula, curriculum, textbooks. Design of educational activities.
- Principles, methods, forms and strategies in adult and senior education.
- Scheduling of adult and senior education - practical educational practices (structure, organization, content).
- Material provision of the educational process for adults and seniors - use of contemporary technologies, planning and designing in the educational process.
- Philosophy in adult education, the impact of the social environment, the quality of life and competence of adult and senior citizens.
- required literature
- MUŽÍK, Jaroslav. Řízení vzdělávacího procesu : andragogická didaktika. Vyd. 1. Praha: Wolters Kluwer Česká republika, 2010. 323 s. ISBN 9788073575816. info
- MERRIAM, Sharan B., Rosemary S. CAFFARELLA and Lisa BAUMGARTNER. Learning in adulthood : a comprehensive guide. 3rd ed. San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons, 2007. xvi, 533. ISBN 9780787975883. info
- KNOWLES, Malcolm S., Elwood F. HOLTON and Richard A. SWANSON. The adult learner : the definitive classic in adult education and human resource development. 6th ed. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2005. xii, 378. ISBN 0750678372. info
- MUŽÍK, Jaroslav. Androdidaktika. Vyd. 2. přeprac. Praha: ASPI, 2004. 146 s. ISBN 8073570459. info
- MÜHLPACHR, Pavel. Gerontopedagogika. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2004. 203 s. ISBN 8021033452. info
- JESENSKÝ, Ján. Andragogika a gerontagogika handicapovaných. Vyd. 1. Praha: Karolinum, 2000. 354 s. ISBN 8071848239. info
- recommended literature
- TOŠNEROVÁ, Tamara. Ageismus : průvodce stereotypy a mýty o stáří. 1. vydání. Praha: Ambulance pro poruchy paměti, 2002. 45 stran. ISBN 8023895060. info
- Teaching methods
discussion, reading and reflection of compulsory literature, analysing research article, project for educational event.
- Assessment methods
The course is finnished by the defense of the educational project.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2019/IVp100