PdF:IVp125 Support for adults with sensor - Course Information
IVp125 Support for adults with sensory impairmentFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Martin Vrubel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martin Vrubel, Ph.D.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (Specialization 6 - Special Adult Education) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the target group of people with sensory disabilities and rehabilitation procedures of working with this group.
- Learning outcomes
- Student focuses on the causes of the development and development of sensory impairment; Student will know the possibilities of rehabilitation of people with sensory disabilities; Student is able to contact the client with social rehabilitation organizations; He/She can communicate properly with persons with sensory disabilities, professionally accompany them, recommend a suitable compensatory aid and control work with them; Student is able to perform visual reeducation and development of compensatory mechanisms.
- Determination of sensory impairment, focusing on the most common causes of visual and hearing impairment.
- Effect of sensory impairment on the quality of life of adults and seniors.
- Influence of sensory impairment on human personality. Disability as a challenging life situation. Acceptance of disability.
- Rehabilitation of people with sensory impairment (social, working, visual).
- Reeducation of vision, visual therapy, hearing loss.
- Advice and interventions in adults and seniors with sensory disabilities.
- Special aids for people with sensory disabilities and their use.
- Principles of correct communication with persons with sensory disabilities, communication systems.
- Fundamentals of Czech Sign Language, Enhanced Black and White, Reading and Writing Braille.
- Principles of safe management of adults and seniors with severe visual impairment.
- Separate movement and orientation in the area of the visually impaired and the blind. Identification and removal of barriers.
- required literature
- PANČOCHA, Karel, Lucie PROCHÁZKOVÁ and Kateřina SAYOUD SOLÁROVÁ. Edukativní, intervenční a terapeutické přístupy k dospělým osobám a seniorům se zdravotním postižením (Education, Intervention and Therapy for Adults and Elderly People with Disabilities). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 272 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6306-8. info
- VRUBEL, Martin. Facilitátory a bariéry školní a sociální inkluze osob se zrakovým postižením (Facilitators and barriers of school and social inclusion of people with visual impairment). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2015. 186 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-8022-5. info
- recommended literature
- HORÁKOVÁ, Radka. Sluchové postižení - úvod do surdopedie (Hearing Impairment - An Introduction to Deaf Education). Praha. Praha: Portál, 2012. 159 pp. 376 - Výchova a vzdělávání zvláštních skupin osob. ISBN 978-80-262-0084-0. info
- WIENER, Pavel. Prostorová orientace zrakově postižených. 3., upr. vyd. Praha: [Institut rehabilitace zrakově postižených UK FHS], 2006. 168 s. ISBN 8023967754. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination, testing of learned skills
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2021/IVp125