PdF:JLKDR_1004 Foreign language in profession - Course Information
JLKDR_1004 Foreign language in professional communication - DEFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Miroslav Janík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Věra Janíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Milena Šubrtová, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Petra Rozbořilová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- To prove an ability to lead a professional written and oral discourse in a foreign language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Language and Literary Communication (programme PdF, D-FI4) (2)
- Course objectives
- Via this course, student deepens their communication competencies in a foreign language and extends them with social-cultural and philological terminology with emphasis on receptive, productive and interactive speech skills in academic environment.
- Orientation in terminology of the field of study, similarities and dissimilarities in comparison with the Czech language. Interpretative analysis of an academic text in foreign language in connection with the topic of doctoral thesis. Listening comprehension of a professional discourse in foreign language, oral presentation of doctoral thesis principles, reaction on professional questions. Formulation of an abstract of academic text, stylization of academic article in foreign language.
- Cizojazyčné odborné texty (monografie, časopisecké studie) z oblasti studentova vědeckého zaměření a zájmu a dle instrukcí vyučujícího.
- Teaching methods
- Group and individual consultations.
- Assessment methods
- Examination - student proves their ability to use foreign language in academic environment. The examination does not correspond to any level set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages because this is language for specific (academic) purposes.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2020/JLKDR_1004