PdF:JVp012 English for Teachers - B - Course Information
JVp012 English for Teachers - BFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Dita Trčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Christopher Williams, M.A. (lecturer)
Belinda Rachael Allan, M.Ed. (lecturer)
Daniel Gerrard, M.A. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Eva Barnová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Kollárová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Oplatková Plocková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Miryana Georgieva Slavíková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Tomaštíková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JVp012/01: Wed 11:00–12:50 učebna 59, D. Trčková
JVp012/02: Wed 14:00–15:50 učebna 51, D. Trčková
JVp012/03: Thu 10:00–11:50 učebna 22, M. Slavíková
JVp012/04: Mon 16:00–17:50 učebna 63, B. Allan
JVp012/05: Thu 12:00–13:50 učebna 59, D. Gerrard
JVp012/06: Mon 14:00–15:50 učebna 59, Ch. Williams
JVp012/07: Tue 13:00–14:50 učebna 78, Ch. Williams
JVp012/08: Mon 8:00–9:50 učebna 63, Ch. Williams
JVp012/09: Mon 12:00–13:50 učebna 53, Ch. Williams
JVp012/10: Wed 17:00–18:50 učebna 27, Ch. Williams
JVp012/13: Wed 16:00–17:50 učebna 59, B. Allan
JVp012/15: Mon 10:00–11:50 učebna 63, B. Allan
JVp012/16: Mon 12:00–13:50 učebna 63, M. Slavíková
JVp012/17: Tue 12:00–13:50 učebna 33, M. Slavíková
JVp012/18: Thu 8:00–9:50 učebna 63, M. Slavíková
JVp012/19: Wed 12:00–13:50 učebna 64, M. Slavíková
- JVp011 English for Teachers - A
A pass in SZ7BP_1AB1/JVp011 – English for teachers – A. (Úspěšně absolvovaný předmět SZ7BP_1AB1/JVp011 – Angličtina pro pedagogy – A.) The course is designed for students who are at least at the A2+ level of English and who can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered at work, school, leisure, etc. They can also produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest, and can read texts and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 51 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to help students achieve B1 level knowledge of English by improving all language skills (listening, reading, speaking, writing) and systems of the language (grammar and vocabulary) through the use of education and teaching language for future teachers. The course also intends to introduce and enhance academic vocabulary and skills (preparing and giving presentations, expressing opinions, writing formal emails, etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the student will be able to: - understand spoken education-related texts at B1 level of the CEFR; - understand written education-related texts at B1 level of the CEFR; - write a formal email; - successfully participate in a spoken interaction dealing with relevant education issues at B1 level of the CEFR; - give an oral presentation on a specialist topic related to the student's future teaching major; - use selected specialist terminology in an accurate, natural way; - show a good command of selected grammar structures at B1 level of the CEFR
- Topics: 1) Alternative schooling; 2) Teaching methods; 3) Writing academic and professional emails; 4) Special needs education; 5) Giving presentations
- Grammar: 1) Simple passive; 2) Relative pronouns, relative clauses; 3) Phrasal verbs; 4) Verbs – gerund x infinitive; 5) Prepositions, Prepositional phrases (adjectives, verbs); 6) Determiners
- required literature
- In-class materials available in the IS and Moodlinka (https://moodlinka.ics.muni.cz/)
- Teaching methods
- Activities developing students' awareness of language skills and systems at B1 level - listening and reading tasks; peer review; grammar and vocabulary practice; discussions and other speaking activities.
- Assessment methods
- Continuous assessment (30%): formal email proposal for cooperation; group presentation on a topic of interest
Written exam (48%): listening, reading, grammar, vocabulary (60 mins)
Oral exam (22%): monologue (1 min) + discussion (6 mins)
Students must complete all parts of the assessment and achieve at least 65% in the written and oral exams.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Kurz je ukončen písemnou a ústní zkouškou na úrovni B1 SERRJ.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/autumn2020/JVp012