The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 14/15, only registered: 0/15
Fields of study the course is directly associated with
there are 52 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
The purpose of this course for students is to offer them space for reflection of experience from their own teaching practice realised within the course of Teaching practice 2 and Teaching practice 3 and to help them enhance their reflective and self-reflective skills in relation to their teaching practice. The way of the seminar management is inspired by the concept of the so-called reflecting teams, which is characteristic with cooperation of more professionals from different fields. As a result, the teaching is realized by a didactic professional together with either a pedagogue or psychologist. At the same time, selected mentors will be invited to the seminars.
After completing the seminar the student will:
1) better understand essential aspects of pedagogical situations and questions, which have been a discussion subject in the seminar – regarding the seminar discussion, s/he can e.g. name and evaluate differences between various ways of didactic transformation of the subject matter;
2) be able to intentionally use reflection (and self-reflection) as a tool for professional learning – s/he can be able to e.g. explain strengths and weaknesses of his/her own pedagogical (and specifically didactic) performance and suggest specific steps for their further positive development.
• group work with a pedagogical (reflective) diary
• group work with a professional portfolio
• acquiring of reflection and self-reflection as a tool for professional learning with respect to generally pedagogical and psychological aspect of teacher’s work
DYTRTOVÁ, Radmila and Marie KRHUTOVÁ. Učitel : příprava na profesi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2009. 121 s. ISBN 9788024728636. info
KORTHAGEN, F. A. J. and Jos KESSELS. Linking practice and theory : the pedagogy of realistic teacher education. London: Routledge, 2008. xvi, 312. ISBN 9780805839814. info
PÍŠOVÁ, Michaela. Klinický rok: procesy profesního rozvoje studentů učitelství a jejich podpora (Clinical year: professional development processes in student teachers and their support). první. Pardubice: Univerzita Pardubice, Fakulta humanitních studií, 2005. 231 pp. Monografica. ISBN 80-7194-744-X. info
KYRIACOU, Chris. Klíčové dovednosti učitele : cesty k lepšímu vyučování. Translated by Dominik Dvořák - Milan Koldinský. 2. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2004. 155 s. ISBN 8071789658. info
ŠIMONÍK, Oldřich. Začínající učitel (The beginning teacher). dotisk 1. vydání. Brno: MU, 1995. 101 pp. Spisy pedagogické fakulty MU, sv. 56. ISBN 80-210-0944-6. info
SCHÖN, Donald A. Educating the reflective practitioner. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987. xvii, 355. ISBN 1555422209. info
• various forms of group discussions
• work with reflective diaries and professional portfolios.
• active participation in the seminars (80 %)
• continuous task completion and submission until the agreed deadline (reflective diary and professional portfolio).
Language of instruction
Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 3x90 minut při Učitelské praxi 2 a 2x135 minut při Učitelské praxi 3.