PdF:MA6002 Teaching Practice 2 - Course Information
MA6002 Teaching Practice 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Jaroslav Beránek, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Irena Budínová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Denisa Foltová, DiS. (assistant)
Mgr. Blanka Klimovič (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jaroslav Beránek, CSc.
Department of Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The purpose of this course is to develop and enhance professional competences acquired during Teaching practice 1 and to continuously take responsibility of one’s own teaching and interaction with pupils. This practice puts emphasis on the aspect of individual study field. Within this course, the student has a possibility to link theoretical knowledge gained in courses of Pedagogy, Psychology and his/her own study field with practical experience and to enhance reflective and self-reflective skills needed for teacher’s profession. The practice is continuous and is to be realized in 10 weeks during the semester. The practice takes in total 60 hours consisting of 40 hours of being actually in school and 20 hours of own preparation for teaching or help to the mentor (e.g. correction of tests, preparation of teaching aids, etc.).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course the student will:
• evaluate his/her own development in teacher’s role,
• make his/her own process of planning, realisation and reflection of his/her teaching more effective,
• create alterations used in teaching based on reflection of his/her own teaching,
• acquire basic skills relating to all aspects of teacher’s work (both of teaching and non-teaching character),
• reflect on climate of a specific school/class and their influence on his/her own work.
- • actual teaching – 10 lessons,
• tandem teaching - 10 lessons,
• activities related to (class) teacher’s assistant, set by a director of elementary school or mentor (e.g. help with correction of written assignments or pupils’ notice books, teaching aids, individual work with pupils with special educational needs, assisting (together with the teacher) pupils’ excursions, preparation of school projects and events, monitoring pupils’ behaviour, participation in parents’ meetings, help with school/class administrative work, preparation of class meetings, substituting teachers etc.),
• observations of mentor’s lessons (depending on possibilities of the school),
• keeping a teaching diary and completing a long-term complex portfolio task
- • actual teaching – 10 lessons,
- PETTY, Geoffrey. Moderní vyučování. Translated by Jiří Foltýn. Šesté, rozšířené a př. Praha: Portál, 2013. 562 stran. ISBN 9788026203674. info
- DYTRTOVÁ, Radmila and Marie KRHUTOVÁ. Učitel : příprava na profesi. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2009. 121 s. ISBN 9788024728636. info
- ŠIMONÍK, Oldřich. Začínající učitel (The beginning teacher). In Pedagogická ecyklopedie. První vydání. Praha: Portál, 2009. p. 419-423, 5 pp. Pedagogická teorie 10. ISBN 978-80-7367-546-2. info
- KYRIACOU, Chris. Klíčové dovednosti učitele : cesty k lepšímu vyučování. Translated by Dominik Dvořák - Milan Koldinský. 2. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2004. 155 s. ISBN 8071789658. info
- VAŠUTOVÁ, Jaroslava. Být učitelem : co by měl učitel vědět o své profesi. Praha: Univerzita Karlova, 2002. 51 s. ISBN 8072900773. info
- GOWER, Roger and Steve WALTERS. Teaching practice handbook. 1st ed. Oxford: Heinemann, 1983. 188 s. ISBN 0-435-28995-0. info
- Teaching methods
- - active work supervised by a mentor - observation of teacher student’s lesson by a didactic professional - individual consultations
- Assessment methods
- Assessment method: - teacher student’s evaluation provided by the mentor - regular attendance to the school of the teaching practice
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 60 hodin.