PdF:MSBP_NFF2 German Phonetics 2 - Course Information
MSBP_NFF2 Phonetics and Phonology of German 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Alena Kovářová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Tomáš Káňa, Ph.D.
Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Helena Rytířová
Supplier department: Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MSBP_NFF2/01: Wed 11:10–12:50 učebna 57, A. Kovářová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Pre-school Teacher Training (programme PdF, B-PMP)
- Course objectives
- After completing this seminar the students will be able to interpret differences in pronunciation between German and Czech consonants and assimilation and characterize typical pronunciation mistakes made by Czech native speakers. The emphasis is on the correct pronunciation of German and on mastering the methodology how to teach and correct pronunciation mistakes typical for Czech native speakers with respect to pre-primary schools students.
- 1. Characteristics of German articulation on the suprasegmental level. 2. Methodology how to teach and correct pronunciation mistakes typical for Czech native speakers. 3. Analysis of texts from phonetic point of view. 4. Methodology of pre-primary schools students teaching. 5. Collecting of materials for the practice of the correct pronunciation with very young children (riddles, poems, pictures etc.)
- required literature
- KOVÁŘOVÁ, Alena. Úvod do fonetiky a fonologie němčiny (Introduction into German Phonetics and Phonology). 1. vyd. Brno: Tisk OL Print Šlapanice, 2003. 60 pp. ISBN 80-210-3263-4. info
- recommended literature
- KOVÁŘOVÁ, Alena. Německá gramatika v tabulkách. Brno: Nová škola, 1999. 58 stran. ISBN 808560745X. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar; practice of pronunciation of German consonants, assimilation and suprasegmental levels of German pronunciation. Specific part of this education is creation of an own phonetic vocabulary.
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam; The students are supposed to read a short text and to master German pronunciation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.