PdF:N2MK_4HIS Development of German 2 - Course Information
N2MK_4HIS Historical Development of German Language 2Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.5/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- PhDr. Mojmír Muzikant, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Tomáš Káňa, Ph.D.
Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Helena Rytířová
Supplier department: Department of German Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- N2MK_4HIS/01: Fri 3. 3. 13:55–14:40 učebna 64, Fri 17. 3. 13:55–14:40 učebna 64, Fri 31. 3. 13:55–14:40 učebna 64, M. Muzikant
- successful completion of the previous term
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary and Language School Teacher Training in German Language (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of tuition students have extensive knowledge about phonetics and morphology of German language from the diachronic point of view. Students are able to classify historical texts into particular development stages according to their characteristic phonic and morphological features. Students are able to explain irregularities in phonetics and morphology of current German on basis of gained knowledge of historical language development.
- the most important features of Primitive Germanic regional and temporal division of German the first shift the second shift phonic within the transfer from old upper German do middle upper German early newupper German phonic rarities the system of strong verbs the system of weak verbs early newupper German leveling tendencies in the morphology
- required literature
- MUZIKANT, Mojmír. Kurze Geschichte der deutschen Sprache für Lehramtsstudenten Deutsch als Fremdsprache. první. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2010. 150 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5401-1. info
- recommended literature
- MUZIKANT, Mojmír. Historische Entwicklung des Deutschen (Historical development of German). 2008. 48 pp. info
- Masařík, Zdeněk/Brom, Vlastimil: Historische Entwicklung des Deutschen. Brno 2005: MU.
- Frey, Evelyn: Einführung in die Historische Sprachwissenschaft des Deutschen. Heidelberg 1994: Groos.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- regular and active participation, knowledge of problematics, oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.